IS MY PC BAD?

BlackPanty

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
IS MY PC BAD? (Please note, I don't want to play BF3,CRYSIS or such BS like that) WOW,TF2,CA,AC. is what I'm looking for.

OFC Everything runs on high settings 300fps but this guy told me my pc specs blow.

Here they are:

INTEL i7 3770 PROCESSOR

NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 630 2GB

12GGB DDR3

2TB HDD

BlackPanty

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

You're a troll learn your *** before you response, I just played TF2 at 120FPS recording \ 300 without.

As a gaming rig its pretty pathetic, that i7 will net you zero performance boost in games over an i5 (and minimal over an i3 in the games your after). Coupled with an entry level graphics card that is bad even by entry level standards.

Easy solution, throw in a new graphics card. Get something like a 7850 or better, and it will be a fairly decent gaming rig.

A gt630 won't game past lowest settings. Its a bottom barrel GPU. Your i7 is useless in gaming and you could have saved money with an i5. They are equal in gaming.

I'm most certainly not a troll. 2300 posts and gold badges prove that.

To max games you will need a gtx660 or hd7870 or better.

BlackPanty

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Did you bother to read my thread? I don't wanna play any Bf3 overpowered ***.

You'll probably say the same thing 5-6 months about the "Best" gfx atm.

The most I would use it for is extra display outputs, if you were making an AMD or LGA2011 based rig that had no gaming factor.
Its also pretty heavily used by OEM system builders (Dell, HP, Cyberpower) to say they have super high performance "Kepler architecture" in their computers.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Hey, Yeah I get it when people start complaining about your graphics card being not powerfull enough without realising that ok maybe you cut your budget in some corners and right now you cant' upgrade. Dont know bout WOW, but I'm sure that you'll be able to play it just fine if you tweak the settings here and there, like i've got A pentium D 820 processor 2.8 ghz and a 9500 gt 1gb not oced, and i run crysis and at the custom settings i use it looks pretty good to my eyes. So what if it doesnt MAX OUT, i Dont think that it's such a big deal, but that it runs smoothly and still looks like eye candy, is good.

So as long as you're not looking at maxing out everything in the market i'd say you have a pretty decent deal, experiment with the settings to draw out max fps while retaining some of the looks. If ever need be and when you have the budget you can always upgrade, but for now I'd say you're pretty fine.

Also your system seems to be way above the min. requirements here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/minimum-system-requirements-for-world-of-warcraft

Bingo. Its a card meant for adding displays and being able to use them for photoshop and things like HD videos.