Hey guys should i wait for the hd 8850 to arrive or go with 7850..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokrboy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
i'm a fx artist and compositor from bangalore.. i juat started out and all i have is a laptop. so now i wanna buy a pc which will support my needs. i run softwraes like after effects, nuke, maya and real flow mainly and use vegas pro 10 for editing. i went ahead and got this rig as i was tyt in budget.(rs35,000 i.e abt 900$ aprx) i gt parts frm everywher and assembled it myself.
amd fx 6100
gigabyte 760 mobo
8gb corsair ram
1tb wd hdd
550w corsair psu
20 inch viewsonic monitor
lg dvd writer
cm tx3 evo air cooling

so i'll be buyin my graphics card by april this yr and would it be wise to wait for newer version or go and buy 7850..??? help me out guys,,, and does anyone know exat release dates for 8*** series..???

Solution
If you wait April big chance next AMD graphic card series are out, but they SURELY will be overprice if Nvidia not release their new series yet. Simply because they stand alone without competitor. But if next series out, you can buy the 7xxx series because big chance they'll get price cut

ashharun

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
If you wait April big chance next AMD graphic card series are out, but they SURELY will be overprice if Nvidia not release their new series yet. Simply because they stand alone without competitor. But if next series out, you can buy the 7xxx series because big chance they'll get price cut

Solution

rokrboy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

thanks for the reply man,, it was a grt help,,

rokrboy

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

thanks for the reply,, but benchmarks r nt practical and intel is way outta my budget... ma frend just gotta i7 960 and my other frends 8150; in my opinion 8150 kills i7 in terms of v-ray rendering and afterfx with lots of particles.. thats y i opted for amd i use vray and particles ,, .. I won't be using it for more than a year also... I keep updating my rigs lyk every 17 or 18 months.. will wait till april for 7770,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.