1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive
8 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
i7-3770 3.40 ghz 8 mb cache L3 processor
ATI Radeon 7850 2GB GPU. option to upgrade to 7870 free
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 MOBO
500 Watt - Corsair CX500 V2 PSU
Windows 8

I don't do overclocking, I work so much there's no time. :pfff:
I was thinking the hard drive might bottleneck me but only on load times? :heink:
The PSU should be enough to power it right? :eek:

I'm already at my limit to spend so I can't spend more, signifigantly. :non:

All opinions are appreciated. :hello:

Hello my name is fistclips because in fps games my fists are full of loaded clips. :sarcastic:

"Obligatory build it yourself rant"
Now that that's out of the way :)

Storage almost by definition is a bottleneck, but in gaming you wont notice a difference except in load times. You will notice the difference between a HDD and SSD in things like boot times, program start ups and those kinds of things though.

That PSU is enough for what your after and has the necessary connectors for that 7870 upgrade.

If your just gaming, downgrade the CPU to an i5-3470. The i7's Hyperthreading doesnt help in games.
If your not overclocking, see if you can switch to a H77 board, are cheaper than Z77 and dont support overclocking.

Also you seem to think that overclocking requires time to do, a simple 4.2Ghz overclock is just a matter of changing one number in the BIOS and that's it.

fistclips

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hello, I'm fistclips.

Planning on getting this:
1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive
8 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
i7-3770 3.40 ghz 8 mb cache L3 processor
ATI Radeon 7850 2GB GPU. option to upgrade to 7870 free
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 MOBO
Either 500 Watt - Corsair CX500 V2 PSU, or a 600 watt standard
Windows 8

I don't do overclocking, I work so much there's no time. :cry:
I was thinking the hard drive might bottleneck me but only on load times? :heink:
The 500w PSU should be enough to power it right? :??:

I'm already at my limit to spend so I can't spend more, signifigantly. :sarcastic:

All opinions are appreciated. :D

techdude9

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012
Ever thought about building your own? Better parts/performance and a lot cheaper. If you don't have time, that build seems fine but I wouldn't get it because the i7 is a waste and the mobo is bad. What's your budget?

Even if you paid someone else to build the computer for you, you could save a LOT of money. ibuypower is going to rip you off.

That being said, there is no situation I can think of in which this would be a good build - you're spending way too much on the CPU and way too little on the GPU if you plan on gaming, and if it's not for gaming, well... lots of things should be changed.