Sign in with
Your question

How about those drivers?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 12, 2013 11:34:45 PM

So I posted a question a while back and didn't get any response. But I ended up figuring out the issue. I had to completely erase all traces of AMD drivers from my system using driversweep and then reinstall with an older driver for my 7870. Now, this is my second AMD card. This is thE first AMD card I've bought that is fairly "new" to the market. I've typically been an nVidia fan boy. So my question to the community is this, what are your opinions on the drivers nVidia and AMD release? Who do you think has better driver support?

More about : drivers

January 13, 2013 12:12:17 AM

Drivers are more likely to release when new Games come in Market.

And even if you ask a AMD user, he'll too tell you that Nvidia has better drivers.
January 13, 2013 12:17:27 AM

Yeah I'd have to agree. I rarely ever had a problem with nVidia drivers. I like their control panel more as well.
Related resources
January 13, 2013 12:18:52 AM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
And even if you ask a AMD user, he'll too tell you that Nvidia has better drivers.

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick which one was better, I'd say Nvidia, but it's been really, really close this past round/year. For single card, I think AMD has been slightly better this round than Nvidia. But Nvidia continues to be a bit better for multi-GPU configs.

At this point in time, though, the difference is negligible. It's definitely not been true that driver support is a reason to go Nvidia this round.
January 13, 2013 12:32:34 AM

BigMack70 said:

At this point in time, though, the difference is negligible. It's definitely not been true that driver support is a reason to go Nvidia this round.

Yeah thats right.

But just for Knowledge. :lol: 
!