Halo and Microsoftantispyware

In halo at the end of the game if I don't make it to the ship in time and
halo is supposed to
blow up. If I have Microsoftantispyware loaded with antispyware security
agents enabled on
startup, Halo throws an exception and asks me to send an arror report. If I
disable the realtime
security agents it works like its supposed to. If I make it to the ship the
game ends normally
even with the security agents enabled.

Jim M
4 answers Last reply
More about halo microsoftantispyware

    Hi Jim,

    It's not unusual for security software to cause that type of issue,
    especially when it's still in Beta like Microsoft Anti-Spyware is.

    Can you reproduce the same behaviour with the most recent version?

    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:XL6dnZutx6C1KXvfRVn-qg@comcast.com...
    | In halo at the end of the game if I don't make it to the ship in time and
    | halo is supposed to
    | blow up. If I have Microsoftantispyware loaded with antispyware security
    | agents enabled on
    | startup, Halo throws an exception and asks me to send an arror report. If I
    | disable the realtime
    | security agents it works like its supposed to. If I make it to the ship the
    | game ends normally
    | even with the security agents enabled.
    |
    | Jim M

    Normally, you should close down AntiSpyware, just like closing down
    anti-virus programs, when playing games.

    | Normally, you should close down AntiSpyware, just like closing down
    | anti-virus programs, when playing games.
    |

    | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
    | > Hi Jim,
    | >
    | > It's not unusual for security software to cause that type of issue,
    | > especially when it's still in Beta like Microsoft Anti-Spyware is.
    | >
    | > Can you reproduce the same behaviour with the most recent version?
    | > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    | > rights.
    | >
    | > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | In halo at the end of the game if I don't make it to the ship in time
    | > and
    | > | halo is supposed to
    | > | blow up. If I have Microsoftantispyware loaded with antispyware
    security
    | > | agents enabled on
    | > | startup, Halo throws an exception and asks me to send an arror report.
    | > If I
    | > | disable the realtime
    | > | security agents it works like its supposed to. If I make it to the
    ship
    | > the
    | > | game ends normally
    | > | even with the security agents enabled.
    | > |
    | > | Jim M
    | > |
    | > |

    I REALLY wouldn't recommend shutting down all your security just to play a
    game, especially if you are online for any reason. I've known people to be
    hacked by other players while in multi-player games. If you have a
    broadband connection or just happened to be dialed into the internet, you
    can still get hacked while playing a game.

    If you're willing to open up your PC to all manners of attack just to play
    games, you can do that; BUT I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT!
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    AntiSpyware is NOT a firewall!!!!! I was recommending to close it during
    the the game session. You should always keep a firewall running but as with
    most game manfacturer, they recommend turning off the "active virus"
    detection. Therefore, it should also be donw for the 'active spyware"
    monitoring.

    "Charles C. Drew" <ccdrew11@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
    > | Normally, you should close down AntiSpyware, just like closing down
    > | anti-virus programs, when playing games.
    > |

    > | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
    > | > Hi Jim,
    > | >
    > | > It's not unusual for security software to cause that type of issue,
    > | > especially when it's still in Beta like Microsoft Anti-Spyware is.
    > | >
    > | > Can you reproduce the same behaviour with the most recent version?
    > | > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > | > Jimmy S.
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > | >
    > | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site:
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    > | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > | > rights.
    > | > _________________________________________________________
    > | >
    > | > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > time
    > | > and
    > security
    > report.
    > | > If I
    > ship
    > | > the
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > I REALLY wouldn't recommend shutting down all your security just to play a
    > game, especially if you are online for any reason. I've known people to
    > be
    > hacked by other players while in multi-player games. If you have a
    > broadband connection or just happened to be dialed into the internet, you
    > can still get hacked while playing a game.
    >
    > If you're willing to open up your PC to all manners of attack just to play
    > games, you can do that; BUT I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT!

Security Games Windows XP