New Nvidia Drivers

I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but the
were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high. But i
only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to anybody
else? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks,
GCRaya
5 answers Last reply
More about nvidia drivers

    Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
    for Roll Back Driver, huh?
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
    >the
    > were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
    > But i
    > only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
    > rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
    > anybody
    > else? Any input would be helpful.
    > Thanks,
    > GCRaya

    Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
    drivers and video playback. See this thread
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
    ChrisC
    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
    > for Roll Back Driver, huh?
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
    >>the
    >> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
    >> But i
    >> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So
    >> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
    >> anybody
    >> else? Any input would be helpful.
    >> Thanks,
    >> GCRaya

    Thanks for the help. I think I'll just stick with the old saying, "If it
    ain't broke don't fix it." I have read the other threads and maybe i'll try
    the next update.
    Thanks Again

    "ChrisC" wrote:

    > Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
    > drivers and video playback. See this thread
    > http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
    > ChrisC
    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
    > > for Roll Back Driver, huh?
    > > --
    > > Chris H.
    > > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > > Associate Expert
    > > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >

    > > "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
    > >>the
    > >> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
    > >> But i
    > >> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So
    > >> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
    > >> anybody
    > >> else? Any input would be helpful.
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> GCRaya

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Depending on the level of nVidia drivers, there are "known"
    limitiations/problems with the drivers. There is a very good web site, with
    a web forums section, that would help you with these type of problems. Take
    a look at www.guru3d.com.

    > Thanks for the help. I think I'll just stick with the old saying, "If it
    > ain't broke don't fix it." I have read the other threads and maybe i'll
    > try
    > the next update.
    > Thanks Again
    >
    > "ChrisC" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
    >> drivers and video playback. See this thread
    >> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
    >> ChrisC
    >> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank
    >> > goodness
    >> > for Roll Back Driver, huh?
    >> > --
    >> > Chris H.
    >> > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    >> > Associate Expert
    >> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >> >

    >> > "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    GCRaya a écrit :
    > I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but the
    > were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high. But i
    > only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
    > rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to anybody
    > else? Any input would be helpful.
    > Thanks,
    > GCRaya

    This topic's been discussed on news:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia .
    Just check there.

Drivers Nvidia Windows XP