New Nvidia Drivers

a b \ Driver
July 26, 2005 9:43:02 PM

I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but the
were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high. But i
only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to anybody
else? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks,
GCRaya

More about : nvidia drivers

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 26, 2005 10:00:49 PM

Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
for Roll Back Driver, huh?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
>the
> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
> But i
> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
> anybody
> else? Any input would be helpful.
> Thanks,
> GCRaya
July 27, 2005 3:10:07 PM

Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
drivers and video playback. See this thread
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
ChrisC
"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
> for Roll Back Driver, huh?
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
>>the
>> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
>> But i
>> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So
>> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
>> anybody
>> else? Any input would be helpful.
>> Thanks,
>> GCRaya

a b \ Driver
July 28, 2005 1:43:01 AM

Thanks for the help. I think I'll just stick with the old saying, "If it
ain't broke don't fix it." I have read the other threads and maybe i'll try
the next update.
Thanks Again

"ChrisC" wrote:

> Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
> drivers and video playback. See this thread
> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
> ChrisC
> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank goodness
> > for Roll Back Driver, huh?
> > --
> > Chris H.
> > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
> > Associate Expert
> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >

> > "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but
> >>the
> >> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high.
> >> But i
> >> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So
> >> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to
> >> anybody
> >> else? Any input would be helpful.
> >> Thanks,
> >> GCRaya

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 28, 2005 6:29:24 PM

Depending on the level of nVidia drivers, there are "known"
limitiations/problems with the drivers. There is a very good web site, with
a web forums section, that would help you with these type of problems. Take
a look at www.guru3d.com.

> Thanks for the help. I think I'll just stick with the old saying, "If it
> ain't broke don't fix it." I have read the other threads and maybe i'll
> try
> the next update.
> Thanks Again
>
> "ChrisC" wrote:
>
>> Hi, yes some users are reporting a kind of 'washed out' look with these
>> drivers and video playback. See this thread
>> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=396982
>> ChrisC
>> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Could very well be. Not all drivers work on all systems. Thank
>> > goodness
>> > for Roll Back Driver, huh?
>> > --
>> > Chris H.
>> > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>> > Associate Expert
>> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> >

>> > "GCRaya" <GCRaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 31, 2005 2:24:59 PM

GCRaya a écrit :
> I have a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and i just installed the lastest drivers but the
> were making the video look funny, like the gamma settings was too high. But i
> only had this problem with video. Games and everything else was fine. So i
> rolledback the driver and everything works fine. Has this happened to anybody
> else? Any input would be helpful.
> Thanks,
> GCRaya

This topic's been discussed on news:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia .
Just check there.
!