Sign in with
Your question
Solved

English vs German Operating System

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2010 10:04:07 AM

Looking for advice on the value of using a DE OS in Germany. I am not fluent in German but found some trouble in the past with programs like TCom which were only engineered for DE Operating Systems.

I am upgrading to Win 7 Ultimate. I could down load and OEM version in English or I use the DE version I purchased.

Thanks,

Ozland

Best solution

January 31, 2010 12:41:22 PM

As you already to intend to buy Win 7 Ultimate this should offer you the possibility to change the interface language from English to German (and thirtysomething other languages) a part of the features Win 7 Ultimate offers. This was one of the reasons I bought the Ultimate version in case I might move back to Germany.
I use some German progs on Win7 UK version and have so far encountered no issues, even without changing the interface language.

Regards
FeX
February 1, 2010 1:50:15 PM

FeX_IronC said:
As you already to intend to buy Win 7 Ultimate this should offer you the possibility to change the interface language from English to German (and thirtysomething other languages) a part of the features Win 7 Ultimate offers. This was one of the reasons I bought the Ultimate version in case I might move back to Germany.
I use some German progs on Win7 UK version and have so far encountered no issues, even without changing the interface language.

Regards
FeX

Great input FeX IronC. Thanks!!
m
l
February 1, 2010 1:55:14 PM

Best answer selected by Ozland.
m
l
!