Losing internet connection briefly

smous

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Hi guys

I have a Netgear DG834GT router that connects to the internet. My main pc is connected to the router via lan cable with the onboard network card.

I have the Asus P8Z68-v motherboard.

The problem is I am losing internet connection randomly, sometimes 2-3 times per hour other times 2-3 times per day.
I am still connected to the router but the windows icon says: Internet not connected. If I log onto the router page it shows that the router is still connected to the internet and it does not disconnect, it just seems that my pc is losing internet connection.

It reconnects within a minute by itself but this brief internet outage plays havock with online games.
It also happens to my other pc so I suspect router/internet connection.

Things I have done:
1. Tried different lan cable
2. Reset router to factory defaults
3. Hard reset router
4. Updated drivers to latest
5. Latest firmware for router

Does anybody have a idea to try and fix this issue?
Is it at my isp side (Talk Talk) and does the internet disconnect briefly? (Although it doesnt show in router page)
or maybe the router being faulty?

Any help appreciated
Thanx

Routersforhumans

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
You have tried all the basic t/s steps which seems not proved to be fruitful. Try changing the channel of the router with the help of your router manufacturer (or if you know how to do it) and if your router is dual band, sometime because of huge network traffic, it becomes intermittent. Hence try to let the router operate in 5Ghz band instead of working in 2.4Ghz band........