Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Buying tonight, last thoughts?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 3, 2013 3:37:11 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/H9w6

I have been trying to narrow everything down to what I want for the last 3 days, I've upped my budget about $50 to do this, can you guys suggest any weak areas I have assembled? This is my first build, So I want to make sure I have everything right. Thanks for the advice!
March 3, 2013 3:38:37 AM

That power supply makes me worried - choose a trusted brand like corsair, xfx, seasonic or antec (and some other specific models). Apart from that, looking good!
March 3, 2013 3:38:45 AM

Your CPU cooler will not fit with that RAM. You need to get low profile RAM.
Related resources
March 3, 2013 3:40:27 AM

Hazzacanary said:
That power supply makes me worried - choose a trusted brand like corsair, xfx, seasonic or antec (and some other specific models). Apart from that, looking good!



The psu is 80+ certified, so I thought that was ok. What would you recommend for around $60?
March 3, 2013 3:42:16 AM

tiny voices said:
Your CPU cooler will not fit with that RAM. You need to get low profile RAM.


What would you suggest I go with? Thanks for the advice.
March 3, 2013 5:37:37 AM

Delbs said:
Thanks for the advice, Do you have an idea what a good 2x4gb ram would be to fit this build?


Corsair Vengeance LP, G.SKill Ares, Mushkin Silverline.
March 3, 2013 5:59:53 AM

Pretty much were almost similar on the build u want, difference is i got a gtx660 ti and a full tower case and taht CX600 psu is good, for the build u want but if you want to SLI in the future i suggest a 700+, if you want a good low profile and cheap but at the same time works well, crucial ballistix is a good choice too
March 3, 2013 6:01:32 AM

Are u planning to OC right away?? If not, you can save a lil bit by sticking with the heatsink fan that comes with the cpu, and maybe u can throw an extra $50 to either upgrade that gpu to 660ti or buy an SSD, is my opinion
March 3, 2013 6:01:50 AM

GamerXtreme2013 said:
Pretty much were almost similar on the build u want, difference is i got a gtx660 ti and a full tower case and taht CX600 psu is good, for the build u want but if you want to SLI in the future i suggest a 700+, if you want a good low profile and cheap but at the same time works well, crucial ballistix is a good choice too



This is the ram I bought, I ordered everything else on the pc parts page. Will this work fine its 9 cas latency?

Best solution

March 3, 2013 6:09:35 AM
Share

The ram you purchased should work fine with your target build.
March 3, 2013 6:10:14 AM

Best answer selected by Delbs.
March 3, 2013 6:10:26 AM

GamerXtreme2013 said:
The ram you purchased should work fine with your target build.



Thanks buddy!
!