Closed

Good enough GAMING PC ?

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
March 3, 2013 3:45:11 AM

Hey guys , for the past 2 months , I'v been choosing components for my pc . Here it is :

CPU : Core i5-3570k
Mobo : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
GPU : Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
PSU : Seasonic S12ii Bronze 620W
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB
HDD : Seagate 1.5 TB

Will be playing games at 1080p . Games like BF3 , Crysis 3 , GTA 4 , Planetside 2 .

Good enough to play high/ultra ?

More about : good gaming

March 3, 2013 3:46:52 AM

Yes, it will play at high settings. Ultra on some games.
Score
March 3, 2013 4:04:36 AM

yeah, great specs...You will have a hard time getting ultra settings on crysis3 even if you had sli titans
Score
Related resources
March 3, 2013 9:05:29 AM

Is there any changes I can make to make it an even better system ?
Score
March 3, 2013 11:59:40 AM

Muks2386 said:
Is there any changes I can make to make it an even better system ?

If you have the extra cash ,you could get an 120g or larger ssd for your system drive,to speed up application loading and boot times.

The Asrock board will prob. be fine, You could get an asus board like

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For better warrantee and the same price

or this one for more stable o.c. and better feature's

You will also need an aftermarket cpu cooler if you plan to o.c. it...

You could also save money and buy another gpu to match your first and xfire them
Score
March 3, 2013 12:16:05 PM

rmiiirusty said:
If you have the extra cash ,you could get an 120g or larger ssd for your system drive,to speed up application loading and boot times.

The Asrock board will prob. be fine, You could get an asus board like

For better warrantee and the same price

or this one for more stable o.c. and better feature's

You will also need an aftermarket cpu cooler if you plan to o.c. it...

You could also save money and buy another gpu to match your first and xfire them

The ASUS Maximus IV is out of my budget . But don't the ASRock mobo have more features compared to ASUS P8Z77-V LK ?
Score
March 3, 2013 12:26:26 PM

Muks2386 said:
The ASUS Maximus IV is out of my budget . But don't the ASRock mobo have more features compared to ASUS P8Z77-V LK ?

The Z77 Extreme4 is hands downs one of the best value mobos... and yes, it beats the ASUS P8Z77-V LK by far, when talking about features. Also, te asrock bios is incredible imo, and rly good for overclocking :pt1cable: 
Score
March 3, 2013 12:28:31 PM

Muks2386 said:

Yes ,a couple more features,but 1 less year on the warrantee. i.e. slight less quality.
I have heard no real complaints about the asrock extreme4 and I think they (asrock) have upgraded their Q.C. in this past year..
Last year there were alot of dead slots in the z68 extreme3/gen3 series.... I got one myself in a board I purchased for a customer build... Had to rma it and wait an additional 2 weeks to get the build completed. It was a great board when I got the one that worked.

I just still have a few reservations is all. Like I said tho, no real complaints goin around this year with the z77 series boards...
Score
March 3, 2013 12:30:36 PM

Would you guys recommend the MSI Z77A-GD55 over the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 ?
Score

Best solution

March 3, 2013 12:51:26 PM

Muks2386 said:
Would you guys recommend the MSI Z77A-GD5 over the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 ?

Is that GD55 If so I built a unit last year with a z68a-gd55. It was a great board overall and o.c.ed really well with o.c.genie software that comes with it.
The only issue I had was with the software that msi uses for their updates. I cant remember what it is called, but you can let it search your system when it is first built for needed updates ... that part worked great and it pops up a comprehensive list of all drivers and software updates available for the board. Then it gives you the option to download and install them as a group. There in was the prblem. It downloads them into a file, but does not install them all.
It is not really a problem. just do them 1 at a time and as they install it will clear them from the list. A little inconvenient, but a great board overall...
I also built my GF a pc with msi h67 board with the same issues. Great as well once it was all done.

They may have fixed this in the 77 series boards but I am not sure...

Overall I would not suggest one over the other... If I were to choose for myself, I would get the asrock for two reasons...
1 easier setup
2 asrock has fast boot software that with an ssd I was able to go from pushbutton to desktop in 12 seconds flat and if you actually set it up it will remember the desktop and boot in about 5 seconds
March 3, 2013 1:26:07 PM

rmiiirusty said:
Is that GD55 If so I built a unit last year with a z68a-gd55. It was a great board overall and o.c.ed really well with o.c.genie software that comes with it.
The only issue I had was with the software that msi uses for their updates. I cant remember what it is called, but you can let it search your system when it is first built for needed updates ... that part worked great and it pops up a comprehensive list of all drivers and software updates available for the board. Then it gives you the option to download and install them as a group. There in was the prblem. It downloads them into a file, but does not install them all.
It is not really a problem. just do them 1 at a time and as they install it will clear them from the list. A little inconvenient, but a great board overall...
I also built my GF a pc with msi h67 board with the same issues. Great as well once it was all done.

They may have fixed this in the 77 series boards but I am not sure...

Overall I would not suggest one over the other... If I were to choose for myself, I would get the asrock for two reasons...
1 easier setup
2 asrock has fast boot software that with an ssd I was able to go from pushbutton to desktop in 12 seconds flat and if you actually set it up it will remember the desktop and boot in about 5 seconds

Thanks for the long answer , mate .
I like both the boards , I really don't think I'm gonna go for an ssd . Not a big fan of it because of its price . I really like MSI's blue design , it'll match the blue led strips that I'll install when its done . I might change my mind later and just go with the asrock board . Anyways , thanks again . (:
Score
March 3, 2013 1:27:51 PM

Muks2386 said:
Thanks for the long answer , mate .
I like both the boards , I really don't think I'm gonna go for an ssd . Not a big fan of it because of its price . I really like MSI's blue design , it'll match the blue led strips that I'll install when its done . I might change my mind later . Anyways , thanks again . (:

No problem dude... You will be happy with it. Please choose a best answer when you feel you have it... and good luck with your build!
Score
March 3, 2013 9:38:06 PM

Best answer selected by Muks2386.
Score
March 3, 2013 9:55:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
!