Adding GTX570HD SLI vs a bigger card

EvilEgg77

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I'm currently running a EVGA GTX570 HD (1280MB). I was browsing some gamer websites to see what games are slated to get released in the comming months (Starcraft II :D , Crysis 3 :D , Dead Space 3 :D, ...no HL3 :pfff:), and i'm worried my current graphic card will not be enough. I don't need to play everything at ULTRA or UBER-ULTRA, but i enjoy nice graphics in my games as much as the next guy.

Considering price & performance, is it worth it to upgrade to a new GTX 680 at ~$500 and up vs adding a second GTX 570 HD at ~$320 and up.

Thank you,
Thomas S.

Forget both. Get an HD7970, best card available at the moment, faster AND its cheaper than the GTX680. If you OC it a little to match a HD7970 GHz Edition, which is easy since its the same chip(AMD did this for marketing reasons). it decimates the GTX680.

EvilEgg77

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the input guys and girls.

I decided i will wait, like Novuake said, it is a nice card, and I’m still able to play my games so far.
If i get a game and it becomes obvious an upgrade is needed i will most likely just get a single bigger card then.

I'll most likely just use the 570 for a HTPC i been meaning to build. It's got a HDMI port and should be enough for my 46" Sony LCD.

And if a new series of cards are coming out in May, prices for the current top cards(680,690, 7970, ..) should come down a bit.

Good decision, the GTX570 is still powerful.