New Gaming Computer.

Trexx1218

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hey,

I scraped up alot of money and decided to invest in a whole new gaming computer. Here are the specs I choose.

ASUS P8Z77 V PRO (Thunderbolt, WiFi, USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s)
ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Custom Liquid Cooling CPU Only (refill kit included)
Clear
Koolance Performance Coolant - Blue
Overclocked Intel Core i5 3570K Quad-Core (4.0GHz-4.6GHz), 8MB Cache
1.5 Kilowatt Silverstone Strider
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 680
ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4GB)
Genuine MS Windows 8 64-Bit Edition
RAID 0: For better speed and performance (2 or more identical drives needed. Not Compatible with Boot Drives over 2TB)
500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 16MB Cache

Will this work?
Any suggestion, I only have one shot so anything is appreciated!

I might suggest not having them do the overclocking, it's not too difficult plus it would give you the added advantage that if something goes wrong, you'll (hopefully by then) know what steps to take to deal with it. Your PSU is overkill by a very large margin (unless considering adding two more 680's) - a quality 750W should suffice.
Just my take here
Going to give you this link which should prove to be helpful I would think http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky

I meant 7970ghz but you get my point

DIY is the best :)

600W is enough for i5 + 7970, anything over is just safety net

perfrel.gif

Trexx1218

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I might suggest not having them do the overclocking, it's not too difficult plus it would give you the added advantage that if something goes wrong, you'll (hopefully by then) know what steps to take to deal with it. Your PSU is overkill by a very large margin (unless considering adding two more 680's) - a quality 750W should suffice.
Just my take here
Going to give you this link which should prove to be helpful I would think http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky

Could I easily find out how to overclock it myself?

Yep! With the new unlocked CPU's, it usually only takes changing a few settings in bios.

With graphics cards, it even easier, just load up a easy program in windows and change some sliders and you're good to go

It does take some time to test for OC stability though :p