Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Intel graphics in a Intel i5 660?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Intel
  • Intel i5
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 13, 2013 3:02:05 PM

Does anyone know What kind of graphics card is in this Intel it 660? All it says is : Intel HD Graphics.... What number is it??? And, Will these cards beat it? if so, Please tell me which...:


http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39679
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39675
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX41320
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34484
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39819

More about : intel graphics intel 660

a c 182 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
January 13, 2013 3:07:47 PM

All are gpu and not good for gaming.what you want please be clear in question.
Score
0
January 13, 2013 3:17:53 PM

ASHISH65 said:
All are gpu and not good for gaming.what you want please be clear in question.


Sorry, I wrote this too fast.... Im wondering if any of these can run a game better then the Hd graphics.... At all, if not, i will see if i can find a Hd7750 low profile card.....
Score
0
Related resources
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
January 13, 2013 3:20:41 PM

No they will little better than hd graphics.get a good graphic atleast hd 7750 if you want to enjoy gaming.
Score
0
January 13, 2013 3:52:22 PM

ASHISH65 said:
No they will little better than hd graphics.get a good graphic atleast hd 7750 if you want to enjoy gaming.



Okay, Here are two more questions, Do you know what is in the Hd Graphics in a intel it 660? please tell me, and, The games im planning to play are:

Team fortress 2

Garry's mod

Minecraft (tekkit)

Gt legends (2005 Simulator)

Will i have good Fps with the 620? And, Please specify the link on my question with the greatest graphics card...
Score
0
a c 205 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
January 13, 2013 4:49:57 PM

There is no number, the older intel hd graphics were simply called intel hd graphics. The performance is less than the hd 2000.
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2013 4:55:03 PM

Xyloriuphon said:
Does anyone know What kind of graphics card is in this Intel it 660? All it says is : Intel HD Graphics.... What number is it??? And, Will these cards beat it? if so, Please tell me which...:


http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39679
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39675
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX41320
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34484
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39819

Any GPU that's still manufactured will CRUSH the old Intel HD graphics, which sucked even when it was new eight years ago. Expect an enormous performance improvement for things that are GPU limited and not CPU limited.

That said, you need to be aware that you're using a nearly decade old single core processor. It's just not going to perform well with modern software, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Share
January 13, 2013 5:10:24 PM

... actually, Its quad core, i5, 3.33ghz.... I dont think thats slow, but, i agree, this thing does need a GPU upgrade, Hopefully some low profile cards will fit in the Hp Compaq 8100 Elite SFF (which is the desktop im talking about...)
Score
0
January 13, 2013 5:11:54 PM

Best answer selected by Xyloriuphon.
Score
0
a c 205 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
January 13, 2013 5:31:58 PM

It is actually a dual core with ht. http://ark.intel.com/products/43550/Intel-Core-i5-660-P... It is also only 3 years old, he confused it with the pentium 4 660 which does not have igpu and was released 8 years ago as he pointed out. Back then, it was on the mobo and had gma branding not hd.

willard said:
Any GPU that's still manufactured will CRUSH the old Intel HD graphics, which sucked even when it was new eight years ago. Expect an enormous performance improvement for things that are GPU limited and not CPU limited.

That said, you need to be aware that you're using a nearly decade old single core processor. It's just not going to perform well with modern software, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Score
0
!