3d gaming or multi monitor gaming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
should i go for multi monitor or single 3d monitor gaming>???

Advantage or disadvantage or both??

i will be playing any mainstream game.

is that true that some game do not support multi monitor set up (E.g will only made the display elongated )

Solution
Did you read my thread?

Buy 2 Cheap 24" or 27" 2D Monitors
And 1 3D monitor if you can afford it.
Than u got your 3d on 1 screen and d2's on the side, works perfectly with a lot of games with a simple fix, setting the game to run in DX9

If you cant afford this, than go with multimonitors and not 3d. If you get more money later, you could just sell 1 of the monitors and replace with with a 3d.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Multi monitor all the way. 3D gaming is somewhat a gimmick. It looks weird and give you a headache after an hour. If you get multi-monitor, you would need a pretty good graphics card. However, if you end up choosing a 3d monitor, get an nvidia card because they have better 3d technology.

And yes not all games support multi-monitors

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

graphic card is not a problem to me since i'm running a pair of gtx 670. i just try to decide to go 3d or multi monitor

hv any example of mainstream game that not support multi monitor?

aleksanderdev

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
Wow lol destwong that is so not true!

3D gaming Is actually very good and makes for an incredible experience.
Though as i said, its not something u play with 5 houres +
And its not a thing you use whene you game competitive fast passed games, like planetside, counter strike, etc.
Though its perfect for everyrole playgame with big open beautifull worlds.
Lotro, Skyrim, AssasinsCreed(Very beautifull)

As for your question, which one to get. Read my thread her :) It will give you both for a cheap prise.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=15&post=387748&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

aleksanderdev

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
One game that Dont support surround vision is planetside which bugs me the hell out.

Aside from that u need to download Flawless Widescreen Wich fixes a crazy amount of games that has issues with Surround monitors.

that being said, a lot of games run Surround setup without any bugs at all.
After reading my thread if you still dont want both, i suggest you go with multimonitors. As 3d isnt something you will use all the time. As you will with 3 monitors.
But read my thread :p And find yourself with both of the best^^

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

hmm quite a interesting build

i normally gaming for more then 5 hours but only in weekend.....
in normal weekdays i will be gaming for 2 hours or so

aaaaa it really bug me to get in 3d or multi monitor

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

hmmm but don't u think it quite heavy??

aleksanderdev

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
Did you read my thread?

Buy 2 Cheap 24" or 27" 2D Monitors
And 1 3D monitor if you can afford it.
Than u got your 3d on 1 screen and d2's on the side, works perfectly with a lot of games with a simple fix, setting the game to run in DX9

If you cant afford this, than go with multimonitors and not 3d. If you get more money later, you could just sell 1 of the monitors and replace with with a 3d.

Solution

destwong

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

hmm then i will be following your path try to get 3d monitor 1st and see weather i like it or not if yes then it end there if no then get 2 cheap monitor and go multi haha

Status
Not open for further replies.