GTX670 Sli question

matteus

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello tom's hardware people my first post here :p

I own a GTX670 signature 2 card, until now i'm very happy good temps, good overall score. But i want to add one more card for Sli. (no watercooling, my case is the 300R i think it has good airflow).

I need your suggestion here is it okay if i just add one more signature 2 or is better just to take 2 Ftws models. Maybe i can mixed them?. My only concern about 2 signatures is the hot might be inside the case. With one card things are nice but on sil i might have some problems with the heat if both are signature 2 or is the same thing i' confused.

Thank you for any suggestions.

ultrakill

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

ok first of the EVGA gtx 670 signature 2 is a great card it can play almost all games in ultra high

so if youre playing games with 1 monitor in 1080p or lower stay with 1 card

whatever if you decide to buy another one i would sugest you buy a nother gtx 670 signature 2 ( the same as the first one) becuase they are booth overclocked to the same clock speed

and for the heat dont care becuase the signature 2 has a good cooling solution (2 big fans)
so you will not have problems but check youre psu
because 2 gtx 670 will need much power

matteus

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply i just got the card but i'm not 100% satisfied. Of course i enjoy the graphics but in some games like metro 2033 and guild wars 2 i can't play at 1920*1080 at full settings and this is annoying to me. So maybe is better upgrade some other components in my system and take the second card later. My psu between is 750w.

ultrakill

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
the metro 2033 fps problem

you are not the first and believe me not the last who will have problem with this game

its not the fault of the graphic its the fault of the game engine

because its a worst game ( just look how can a brand new gpu not run smooth a 3 year old game ) ... we have more situations like this

GTA 4 was and propably is still the worst console to pc port

many people have problems with this game even people with gtx 680 have frame drop issues (can't play the game smoothy)

i mean you GPU is great you dont need to buy another one ( SAVE youre money for nvidia gtx 770 it will come in march 2013 )

dont get frustrated with metro 2033 play other games

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Yep. Buying a second card will NOT HELP in either metro 2033 OR in guild wars 2...

They're badly coded; the reason they aren't performing well is because they aren't able to use the power available to them - adding another card isn't going to make one whit of a difference.

matteus

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the information u might be right.

It seems these days isn't worth to give money for good graphics cards, i mean they make games for consoles first. But i'm still curious to see if i will have any improvement in guild wars 2. Many benchmarks reports big improvements with Sli cards, i'm confused.