Is my case broken, or am I just simply stupid?

ApexTriangle

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello,
my Apluscase touch frontpanel is not working properly. The lights on the fancontroller, LED toggler lights up, but has no functionality. When I play a little with the MOLEX cable, all the fans runs at high speed, but the frontpanel is still not doing anything. I got a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRzg0AqO1E

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Looks like the yellow cable (12v i believe) is making trouble. Can you remove it from the connector and plug the molex normally to see if it works ?

- The Brownie

ApexTriangle

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hey! Thanks for responding :)
I connected to the frontpanel directly from the powersupply, and without any luck, it did not work :(

ApexTriangle

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

Hey! Thanks for responding
I connected to the frontpanel directly from the powersupply, and without any luck, it did not work

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
I wouldn't recommend playing around with Molex connections while the computer is running. They aren't designed to be hot-swappable, if you cause a short it can easily blow the powersupply, motherboard and really any connected components (as I have once myself done...). Apologies if I seem condescending, just don't want people making the same dumb mistakes as me.

Recheck the connections between the fans and the front-panel (unlikely fault since they do run) otherwise it probably is an issue with the front panel.

M

TRENDING THREADS