Computer for photoshop and solidworks

max2046

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I am 22, and trying to get my first computer built. I know how to run programs very well but have absolutely no idea how to set up a proper computer to run them, I'm more of a designer/metal fabricator than computer expert. I will be running the latest Adobe CS, maintaining my company website, Auto CAD 2007, and Solidworks 2010. I already have a monitor taken care of it's just the computer itself I want to get. I need something that is very quick and able to fly through the internet and jump between my CAD programs and pull up new pages fairly quickly. I am a student as well, so the standard microsoft programs i.e. Word, Excel, etc. will be needed, but I doubt that is hard to attain. I'm very sorry I cannot provide to much info, but will gladly answer any questions that may help me to set this up, I have around $1200 to work with give or take. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Also, what is the best way to keep this computer up to par, and running efficiently. Seems like all my past computers would kick ass for about a year then begin to run super slow. I don't have a lot of money but I definitely like to take care of what I do have.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Max

max2046

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
also I never use my computer for gaming, and never view sites that could harm my computer (at least from my limited knowledge of sites that commonly carry viruses, malware, etc.) if this helps.