Sign in with
Your question

How to portforward through 2 routers?

Last response: in Networking
February 20, 2012 2:02:48 AM

The title says my problem. I have a westell 7500 with fairpoint service hooked up to my DSL line. I have disabled woreless on the westell. I then have a linksys e-1000 connected to the westell 7500. I have one wired computer on that network, my imac/game server, my main PC, my wii and an ipod touch connected connected to the linksys e-1000 wirelessly. I want to forward port 25565 through these routers to my imac. How can I do this? I have tried portforward.com, and a million other things. I need instructions. Thanks!

More about : portforward routers

February 20, 2012 10:01:23 AM

No.

Connect your Fairpoint LAN port to a LAN port on your Linksys AP, thereby bypassing the Linksys's NAT, and simply forward ports as normal via the Fairpoint. Either that or switch the Fairpoint to modem/bridge mode and let the Linksys be the NAT. These are the working network designs, but I can't tell you how to configure it.
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:10:06 AM

gutb said:
No.

Connect your Fairpoint LAN port to a LAN port on your Linksys AP, thereby bypassing the Linksys's NAT, and simply forward ports as normal via the Fairpoint. Either that or switch the Fairpoint to modem/bridge mode and let the Linksys be the NAT. These are the working network designs, but I can't tell you how to configure it.

sorry for ignorance, how do I do this?
m
l
!