Am I able to have two sounds just like I have two monitors?

xerxesaria

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
My system:

Gigabyte GTX 660
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

I have connected the mobo to my surround sound and my GPU to my monitor.
I have also connected my GPU to my big screen tv via HDMI.

So, I do have a dual monitor and good quality sound. But there are times when I play a game on my monitor and play a movie for the family on the tv.

The problem is with sound. I have been able to "enable" both sound profiles (HDMI and speakers), but I can always only hear one; the one via the speakers connected to my surround sound.

I want to set it up so that if something is playing on the monitor the surround sound works and if something is playing on the tv, the sound goes through HDMI via the tv's speakers.

Is that possible at all?

Solution
If you play the movie using windows media player, you can select a specific audio device alternate from the default device. That way, you have the default device set to your surround sound for your computer, and when you want to play a movie, you use windows media player to select your tv speakers. To do this, open windows media player, click organize in the top left, click on the devices tab, click speakers, and click properties. Then, select your audio device from the drop down bar under sound playback.

Good luck!

Frisbee_68

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
If you play the movie using windows media player, you can select a specific audio device alternate from the default device. That way, you have the default device set to your surround sound for your computer, and when you want to play a movie, you use windows media player to select your tv speakers. To do this, open windows media player, click organize in the top left, click on the devices tab, click speakers, and click properties. Then, select your audio device from the drop down bar under sound playback.

Good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS