New PC Build won't post...

Build
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
AMD phenom x6 1045 t
Asus m5a97 motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti (using the DVI to VGA adapter that the card came with)
8 gb Gskill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair builder series 600w
seagate 1tb hdd

My computer turns on fine, but I hear no beep at all. I made sure the RAM were in the correct slot, reinstalled the gfx card, made sure everything was connected fine, and my monitor seems to just go on standby mode. Since I havent heard a beep yet, im assuming its not the monitor and maybe I should reset the BIOS? (ps, read the troubleshoot guide on tomshardware still nothing)

Sorry if I categorized this wrong, this is probably because I dont know what the real problem is and its my first time building a pc.
12 answers Last reply
More about build post
  1. 8 pin cpu power plugged in?
    gfx card power plugged in?
  2. make sure the dvi adaptor is in the right dvi slot, becasue if the card has two slots, normally only one will support vga conversion.
  3. Is the CPU fan plugged into the CPU fan header?
  4. gecko242 said:
    make sure the dvi adaptor is in the right dvi slot, becasue if the card has two slots, normally only one will support vga conversion.

    i'll go check again, and yes i have two dvi slots, but the adapter only fits in one of them
  5. popatim said:
    8 pin cpu power plugged in?
    gfx card power plugged in?

    my mobo has a 4pin for the cpu which is indeed plugged in and the gfx card has both pci e slots plugged in, the fan on the card also spins when turned on*
  6. cTs Corvette said:
    Is the CPU fan plugged into the CPU fan header?

    yessir my cpu fan is plugged in and spinning
  7. Wait..so are you able to go into bios? Are you pressing the del key or f2 after you power on? I use an asrock z77 mobo and it only beeps after I press del or f2 to go into bios.
  8. lowcountrysmoke said:
    Wait..so are you able to go into bios? Are you pressing the del key or f2 after you power on? I use an asrock z77 mobo and it only beeps after I press del or f2 to go into bios.

    my keyboard is completely unresponsive, but i tried it on another computer and it works
    and no, im not able to =/ also for my motherboard you are supposed to hold the delete button to go into bios, but this is after a beep is registered because my monitor just goes on standby
  9. My Cpu fan, and GFx fan are all working properly and from my knowledge everything is plugged in correctly. Would using the jumper on my motherboard and/or resetting the BIOS by removing the battery be of any help?
  10. Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

    EDIT: Just read the title of this post.... Ok, so is everything new? Or just a part or two?
  11. reset cmos first, if that doesn't help check if the PSU is ok.
  12. m4dk4tz said:
    Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

    EDIT: Just read the title of this post.... Ok, so is everything new? Or just a part or two?

    only my cpu, which is removed from a prebuilt system and is compatible with my mobo
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics