• Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 13, 2013 6:25:53 PM

Build
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
AMD phenom x6 1045 t
Asus m5a97 motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti (using the DVI to VGA adapter that the card came with)
8 gb Gskill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair builder series 600w
seagate 1tb hdd

My computer turns on fine, but I hear no beep at all. I made sure the RAM were in the correct slot, reinstalled the gfx card, made sure everything was connected fine, and my monitor seems to just go on standby mode. Since I havent heard a beep yet, im assuming its not the monitor and maybe I should reset the BIOS? (ps, read the troubleshoot guide on tomshardware still nothing)

Sorry if I categorized this wrong, this is probably because I dont know what the real problem is and its my first time building a pc.

More about : build post

a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2013 6:48:43 PM

8 pin cpu power plugged in?
gfx card power plugged in?
m
l
January 13, 2013 6:50:39 PM

make sure the dvi adaptor is in the right dvi slot, becasue if the card has two slots, normally only one will support vga conversion.
m
l
January 13, 2013 8:58:33 PM

Is the CPU fan plugged into the CPU fan header?
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:13:52 PM

gecko242 said:
make sure the dvi adaptor is in the right dvi slot, becasue if the card has two slots, normally only one will support vga conversion.

i'll go check again, and yes i have two dvi slots, but the adapter only fits in one of them
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:14:51 PM

popatim said:
8 pin cpu power plugged in?
gfx card power plugged in?

my mobo has a 4pin for the cpu which is indeed plugged in and the gfx card has both pci e slots plugged in, the fan on the card also spins when turned on*
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:15:28 PM

cTs Corvette said:
Is the CPU fan plugged into the CPU fan header?

yessir my cpu fan is plugged in and spinning
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:47:14 PM

Wait..so are you able to go into bios? Are you pressing the del key or f2 after you power on? I use an asrock z77 mobo and it only beeps after I press del or f2 to go into bios.
m
l
January 13, 2013 10:01:42 PM

lowcountrysmoke said:
Wait..so are you able to go into bios? Are you pressing the del key or f2 after you power on? I use an asrock z77 mobo and it only beeps after I press del or f2 to go into bios.

my keyboard is completely unresponsive, but i tried it on another computer and it works
and no, im not able to =/ also for my motherboard you are supposed to hold the delete button to go into bios, but this is after a beep is registered because my monitor just goes on standby
m
l
January 14, 2013 12:08:03 AM

My Cpu fan, and GFx fan are all working properly and from my knowledge everything is plugged in correctly. Would using the jumper on my motherboard and/or resetting the BIOS by removing the battery be of any help?
m
l
January 14, 2013 2:57:02 AM

Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

EDIT: Just read the title of this post.... Ok, so is everything new? Or just a part or two?
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:21:56 AM

reset cmos first, if that doesn't help check if the PSU is ok.
m
l
January 15, 2013 12:44:37 AM

m4dk4tz said:
Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

EDIT: Just read the title of this post.... Ok, so is everything new? Or just a part or two?

only my cpu, which is removed from a prebuilt system and is compatible with my mobo
m
l
!