New PC Build won't post...

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Build
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
AMD phenom x6 1045 t
Asus m5a97 motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti (using the DVI to VGA adapter that the card came with)
8 gb Gskill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair builder series 600w
seagate 1tb hdd

My computer turns on fine, but I hear no beep at all. I made sure the RAM were in the correct slot, reinstalled the gfx card, made sure everything was connected fine, and my monitor seems to just go on standby mode. Since I havent heard a beep yet, im assuming its not the monitor and maybe I should reset the BIOS? (ps, read the troubleshoot guide on tomshardware still nothing)

Sorry if I categorized this wrong, this is probably because I dont know what the real problem is and its my first time building a pc.

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

i'll go check again, and yes i have two dvi slots, but the adapter only fits in one of them

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

my mobo has a 4pin for the cpu which is indeed plugged in and the gfx card has both pci e slots plugged in, the fan on the card also spins when turned on*

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

my keyboard is completely unresponsive, but i tried it on another computer and it works
and no, im not able to =/ also for my motherboard you are supposed to hold the delete button to go into bios, but this is after a beep is registered because my monitor just goes on standby

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
My Cpu fan, and GFx fan are all working properly and from my knowledge everything is plugged in correctly. Would using the jumper on my motherboard and/or resetting the BIOS by removing the battery be of any help?

rushkhour

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

only my cpu, which is removed from a prebuilt system and is compatible with my mobo