Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Graphics card too hot?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 13, 2013 7:42:33 PM

I noticed my computer was getting very hot during gaming, so i decided to test my GTX 560ti using FurMark and i am hitting temps of 99C, is this too hot?

More about : graphics card hot

January 13, 2013 8:05:52 PM

megarockcool said:
I noticed my computer was getting very hot during gaming, so i decided to test my GTX 560ti using FurMark and i am hitting temps of 99C, is this too hot?


YES sweet Jesus! That is above the "ok" zone for GPU temps. Are you getting any artifacts or BSOD's?

Also one other thing, What brand of card are you using and what kind of cooling is on the card? Is the nVidia fan control set at automatic? Are you able to adjust the fan speed manually?
Score
0
January 13, 2013 8:25:23 PM

Has to be a troll. Chips start to malfunction around 80C+. (Or he meant F not C)

If not a troll. Your screwed, OR what ever is reading your temperature is not correct at all I can't imagine it getting that hot without it BSOD and not turning back on.

download speedfan.
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

January 13, 2013 9:21:16 PM

I agree with you Kyle. Although. After checking a few sources on the web, apparently this particular card tends to run pretty warm (80c-90c). I'm assuming the stock cooling system on these cards tend to be sub-par. Megarockcool, I would look into an aftermarket cooling system for that thing, or possibly try manually bumping up the fan speeds through nvidia control panel. It might be doing alright for now at those temps, but after a little while you might start running into issues.

Here is an expensive, but effective aftermarket cooler compatible with your card.
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail/index/sArticle/554/sCa...
Share
January 13, 2013 9:35:48 PM

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I would check your case airflow. If you have insufficient airflow in your case, all that hot air has nowhere to go and could be causing high temps not only for your GPU, but your CPU and NB as well.
Score
0
January 13, 2013 9:52:47 PM

kyleamos12 said:
Has to be a troll. Chips start to malfunction around 80C+. (Or he meant F not C)

If not a troll. Your screwed, OR what ever is reading your temperature is not correct at all I can't imagine it getting that hot without it BSOD and not turning back on.

download speedfan.

He is not trolling. My old card still do fine even hit 85C. But it is not good to let card have that high temp. Fix your case airflow. And if you using graphic card that not blow the heat directly to the back, you may try to make your case side fan to be an exhaust fan
Score
0
January 15, 2013 9:46:35 PM

Best answer selected by megarockcool.
Score
0
January 15, 2013 9:49:13 PM

m4dk4tz said:
YES sweet Jesus! That is above the "ok" zone for GPU temps. Are you getting any artifacts or BSOD's?

Also one other thing, What brand of card are you using and what kind of cooling is on the card? Is the nVidia fan control set at automatic? Are you able to adjust the fan speed manually?

not getting artefacts or aything, the GPU only seems to get this hot when playing MOH: warfighter when playing other games i.e battlefield i only get about 70-80c i also have set my fan to be always on 100% but still is hot
Score
0
January 15, 2013 9:51:27 PM

ashharun said:
He is not trolling. My old card still do fine even hit 85C. But it is not good to let card have that high temp. Fix your case airflow. And if you using graphic card that not blow the heat directly to the back, you may try to make your case side fan to be an exhaust fan

i am using a CM storm enforcer with stock fans + a Silverstone Air Penetrator AP121-WL 120mm fan i have the stock 120mm fan as exuast and the silverstone and the big 200mm fan as intake
Score
0
!