Memory card not recognised in 6600

Hi. I'm trying to use a larger (128k) SD card in my 6600 but when I put it
in the phone says there's no card. The manul says is should automatically
ask if I want to format it, but it doesn't, and when I go through the extras
menu it says there's no card to format.
Any ideas what I need to do?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about memory card recognised 6600

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:07:04 +0100, "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Hi. I'm trying to use a larger (128k) SD card in my 6600 but when I put it
    >in the phone says there's no card. The manul says is should automatically
    >ask if I want to format it, but it doesn't, and when I go through the extras
    >menu it says there's no card to format.
    >Any ideas what I need to do?
    >Thanks

    the 6600 uses MMC cards, not SD. You'll find its 128MB, not k

    Ah! That explains it! The cards are the same shape and I have only come
    across SD cards before. (I did know it was MB rather than k, though!).
    Thanks.

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:48:49 +0100, "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Ah! That explains it! The cards are the same shape and I have only come
    >across SD cards before. (I did know it was MB rather than k, though!).
    >Thanks.

    yep, sd and mmc are similar to look at but an mmc only device i.e.
    6600 only works with mmc. an sd compatible device on the other hand
    will work with sd and mmc.

    i thought it was just a typo with the mb and k.

    >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:07:04 +0100, "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi. I'm trying to use a larger (128k) SD card in my 6600 but when I put it
    >>>in the phone says there's no card. The manul says is should automatically
    >>>ask if I want to format it, but it doesn't, and when I go through the
    >>>extras
    >>>menu it says there's no card to format.
    >>>Any ideas what I need to do?
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >> the 6600 uses MMC cards, not SD. You'll find its 128MB, not k

Nokia Memory Card Format