Hello.

I need help. I was uninstalling my computer game ... Homeworld, and I
accidently canceled the uninstall. Now when I try to play is it gives me:

"Windows cannot find'C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\homeowrld.exe'. Make sure you typed
the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file click the start
button, and then click search."

then this pops up:

"Could not execute the external program C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\Homeoworld.exe."

Now I tried to click search, but it froze windows. I don't knwo what's going
on. I tried going to control panel to erase homeworld, and I did, but I still
cannot play it/uninstall it, or re-install it. Can someone help me? Maybe
there's a way I can uninstall it completely, then ofcourse re-install it
back. Please! I need HELP!!

Hi Robb,

Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:

Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.

Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Game FAQ's: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Robb Reis" <RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:873EDE59-1174-4753-BE1B-9F71DF3F5FC7@microsoft.com...
| Hello.
|
| I need help. I was uninstalling my computer game ... Homeworld, and I
| accidently canceled the uninstall. Now when I try to play is it gives me:
|
| "Windows cannot find'C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\homeowrld.exe'. Make sure you typed
| the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file click the start
| button, and then click search."
|
| then this pops up:
|
| "Could not execute the external program C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\Homeoworld.exe."
|
| Now I tried to click search, but it froze windows. I don't knwo what's going
| on. I tried going to control panel to erase homeworld, and I did, but I still
| cannot play it/uninstall it, or re-install it. Can someone help me? Maybe
| there's a way I can uninstall it completely, then ofcourse re-install it
| back. Please! I need HELP!!

Doesn't work I tried to start my computer in safe mode, but got nothing, wad
I suppse to start with cd inside? I dunno. Also whenever I put the CD in it
only gives my the play button, and no other option to install. And the site
you gave me .. the thing that you told me to download doesn't seem to work. I
put it on my computer, but when I click on it, it just installs over and over

Please Help!

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:
>
> Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.
>
> Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
> and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
> that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.
>
> Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
> game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html
>

> Cheers,
> Jimmy S.
>
> Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
> Game FAQ's: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>

> "Robb Reis" <RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:873EDE59-1174-4753-BE1B-9F71DF3F5FC7@microsoft.com...
> | Hello.
> |
> | I need help. I was uninstalling my computer game ... Homeworld, and I
> | accidently canceled the uninstall. Now when I try to play is it gives me:
> |
> | "Windows cannot find'C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\homeowrld.exe'. Make sure you typed
> | the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file click the start
> | button, and then click search."
> |
> | then this pops up:
> |
> | "Could not execute the external program C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\Homeoworld.exe."
> |
> | Now I tried to click search, but it froze windows. I don't knwo what's going
> | on. I tried going to control panel to erase homeworld, and I did, but I still
> | cannot play it/uninstall it, or re-install it. Can someone help me? Maybe
> | there's a way I can uninstall it completely, then ofcourse re-install it
> | back. Please! I need HELP!!

Hi Robb,

Let's tackle Safe Mode first.

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to
multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you the Boot Menu appears.
2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you
want to start, and then press ENTER.

Please let me know which step fails, or what you do exactly and what reaction you get. Thanks!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Robb Reis" <RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BAB1EF3-FE4B-4C30-847B-98430137FD84@microsoft.com...
| Doesn't work I tried to start my computer in safe mode, but got nothing, wad
| I suppse to start with cd inside? I dunno. Also whenever I put the CD in it
| only gives my the play button, and no other option to install. And the site
| you gave me .. the thing that you told me to download doesn't seem to work. I
| put it on my computer, but when I click on it, it just installs over and over
| ..
|
| Please Help!
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Robb,
| >
| > Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:
| >
| > Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.
| >
| > Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
| > and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
| > that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.
| >
| > Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
| > game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html
| >

| > Cheers,
| > Jimmy S.
| >
| > Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| > Game FAQ's: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >

| > "Robb Reis" <RobbReis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:873EDE59-1174-4753-BE1B-9F71DF3F5FC7@microsoft.com...
| > | Hello.
| > |
| > | I need help. I was uninstalling my computer game ... Homeworld, and I
| > | accidently canceled the uninstall. Now when I try to play is it gives me:
| > |
| > | "Windows cannot find'C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\homeowrld.exe'. Make sure you typed
| > | the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file click the start
| > | button, and then click search."
| > |
| > | then this pops up:
| > |
| > | "Could not execute the external program C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\Homeoworld.exe."
| > |
| > | Now I tried to click search, but it froze windows. I don't knwo what's going
| > | on. I tried going to control panel to erase homeworld, and I did, but I still
| > | cannot play it/uninstall it, or re-install it. Can someone help me? Maybe
| > | there's a way I can uninstall it completely, then ofcourse re-install it
| > | back. Please! I need HELP!!
| > |
| > |