Solved

What is best price/performance ratio i can find for a graphics card?

This is my computer: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03520537&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=5295962&prodTypeId=12454

currently i have 300 W PSU but im going to upgrade it
im looking for the best performance a graphics card can offer under $120, i know about the 7750 and im considering the 7770
thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what price performance ratio find graphics card
  1. if $120 is your budget limit, than get 7770. But if you can afford a little more, you can get 650ti that perform above 7770. Your choice :)
  2. ashharun said:
    if $120 is your budget limit, than get 7770. But if you can afford a little more, you can get 650ti that perform above 7770. Your choice :)

    650ti is too expensive, i also have to upgrade my PSU
    what about the 550ti? its only $119 and looks powerful to me but i dont know much about graphics cards
  3. Best answer
    550ti perform same like 7750. Buy 7770 for best bang for price with your budget
  4. ashharun said:
    550ti perform same like 7750. Buy 7770 for best bang for price with your budget

    ur probably right, i just compared the 7770 with the 550ti on AnandTech and the 7770 was a little better in every test, although it is more expensive
  5. Flopus said:
    ur probably right, i just compared the 7770 with the 550ti on AnandTech and the 7770 was a little better in every test, although it is more expensive

    Get the 7770. Its newer gen so it will continue to get driver upgrades for a little longer and perform better.
  6. Azn Cracker said:
    Get the 7770. Its newer gen so it will continue to get driver upgrades for a little longer and perform better.

    alright thanks, but can someone tell me will the 7770 need external power (auxiliary power)? does that mean i have to buy a separate wire for it to connect it to external power instead of upgrading my PSU?
  7. you can get molex 4 pin to pci-e 6 pin adapter. But it's not recommended for long term use. Get new PSU with 6 pin cable to be sure you are safe
  8. Best answer selected by flopus.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Computer Graphics