I would appreciate advice on
a) how to hook them up to my PC and to each other so that all 3 monitors run at 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz, and
b)advice on what additional hardware (cables, adapters, hub, converters)I need to get to make it work
My existing equipment is:
1. HP-HPE h8-111 PC with a
2. AMD Radeon HD 6670 GPU that supports eye-infinity. GPU ports:
- 1 DP 1.2 with Max 2560x1600 per display
- 1 HDMI Max 1920x1200
- 1 DVI_D with HDCP Max 2560x1600
- 1 VGA Max 2048x1536
3. Three Dell U2412M monitors (on order) with
- 1 DVI-D with HDCP
- 1 DisplayPort(DP)
(Each monitor has a 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz)
4. 1 DVI-D cable
1 HDMI cable
The Radeon 6670 has Eyefinity multi-display technology which can provide native support for up to 4 simultaneous displays & up to 6 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport.
I think all I need to do is:
Buy a 6-foot DP 1.1 cable then connect the 6670 video card to the monitors as follows:
- 6670 DP ---> DP on Monitor 1 with DP cable
- 6670 DVI-D ---> DVI-D on Monitor 2 with DVI-D cable
- 6670 HDMI ---> HDMI on Monitor 3with HDMI cable
If this arrangement will not work, what additional hardware should I buy and how should I string it together?
Also, I would like to be able to put 1 of the monitors in a portrait orientation sometimes. Is that an issue?