Black screen, no signal (PLEASE HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valyn

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Please help!
I've read dozens of posts/articles and nothing is working.

edit: a little more about the issue

In 99% of games I play in League of Legends my monitor blacks out, displays DVI, HDI (or something) at the top right, and then displays "No Signal".

I'm unable to alt tab - have to restart the computer to get the screen back. Sound does not seem like it's continuous - though I haven't really checked.

The issue seems to happen around the 15-25 minute mark in the game, though i've had it run to 40 minutes with no error and had it happen as soon as 5 minutes.

Just reformatted and updated all drivers, not sure if the computer could run the game before, as it is not my primary PC

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about computers, and not sure what you need - but i'll try to give as much information as I can ---

GPU: Sapphire HD 3650 AGP
PCU: AMD Sempron 2800+
PSU: ATX switching power supply 450w
OS: Microsoft XP Professional 32 bit, service pack 3 - direct X 9
RAM: 1024 MB
Monitor: 23" widescreen acer (S231HL)

Complete troubleshooting thus far:

• Cleaned PC, fans, card, etc
• Updated all drivers (to my knowledge)
• Moved RIOT (League of Legends folder) to documents, from C drive
• Tested temperatures - took off back and running a window fan in back with case fan in front to help with air - hottest I can tell it gets is 51C
• Running game on very low graphics across the board (runs at 15-35 fps consistantly)
• Changed to multiple different resolutions
• Run game in full screen, windowed and borderless modes
• Installed all available windows updates
• Changed BIOS setting for AGP to 4x (i think?) from 8x (cannot remember exactly - changed back after it did not work)
• Disabled cursor and bitmap accelerations in monitor settings

I believe that is all - but i could be missing other steps i've performed

Sorry for the long post, but any and all help is greatly appreciated

Thank you!

IrwanCahyono

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Radeon 3650 should be fairly enough to play this title. have you checked GPU temperature? See if it caused by GPU overheat..

valyn

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can tell (running HWMonitor) the graphics card idles around 40-45C with the back open and mid game the highest I saw was 51.

Without the back on and no window fan running to help with air it was in the low to mid 60s - so I don't think it's an overheating issue.

That was my first suspicion but it just doesn't seem possible with those temps during heavy stress in game - but maybe i'm wrong.

I tried to set up logs for HW but i can't seem to find the max temp in the notes after crash, maybe i just don't know where to look.

valyn

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Just tried a different power supply out of curiosity and it didn't work either.
Also tried a different monitor, not sure what else to do.

Game seems to be running completely fine, no heat issues what so ever and it just freezes, black screens and no signals out of nowhere.

Do you think that perhaps your computer is just getting up there age wise. I haven't used a AGP card since the geforce fx days. Ram wise you are far below what people are using now. Also looking at the system requirements they recommend more ram then what you currently have and I think it may be hard to find a 2 gig kit.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234272-system-requirements

The following are the minimum and recommended system requirements for running League of Legends on a PC:

Minimum System Requirements:
2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
8 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
12 GB available hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

valyn

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I suppose that could be the issue.

My main computers mobo is blown (I believe that's the issue anyways) so im trying to get this one going until I can afford a new mobo or just a new pc.

Yea I would consider doing something to tie you over and then consider upgrading your system entirely. I think you deserve a more up to date standard then AGP :) even for a light game like LoL you could probably do fine with something like a A10 processor which comes with a graphics card otherwise yea i3,i5.

valyn

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Sigh.

I'll keep this open for a few, maybe theres a step or two i missed down the line.

Going to uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers now, we'll see if it makes any difference at all.
Just frustrating not having any sort of release, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.