Recently built computer

jason gran

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I recently built a custom. After my computer sits for awhile it wont allow me to use the front button on the case to turn on the computer. i have to manually open the case and press the power button for it to turn on and it boots fine. the numbers flashing on the mobo are 4f/62/99/a2 but other than that it works fine. any ideas?

Case: haf 912
Psu: corsair cx500 watt
mobo: asrock z77 extreme 4
cpu: Intel i5 3570k
gpu: on board
ram: corsair dominator 2x4gb 1600ghz
ssd: Samsung 840 120gb
drive: asus dvd+r

moboyt.png

EDIT: all post codes flash suddenly and then go blank. no code stays on. assuming that it isn't a post issue but wiring

Solution
on the ends of the wires that you plug into the board ( on the back of the flat pieces ) there is a small arrow ( look hard ) that will be the positive lead.

be careful ( look at the board and look at the booklet diagram for front panel headers ) it's easy to get confused if you don't do it a lot. it's easy to not put the wires on the right posts and in the right direction ( left/right-up/down )

trial and error. maybe the PS and the power led got you confused too?

just look at the booklet and look at it 20 more times if need be. then look at what it says on the ends of the wires and then stare at the MOBO. a small flashlight might help as maybe a magnifying glass.
on the ends of the wires that you plug into the board ( on the back of the flat pieces ) there is a small arrow ( look hard ) that will be the positive lead.

be careful ( look at the board and look at the booklet diagram for front panel headers ) it's easy to get confused if you don't do it a lot. it's easy to not put the wires on the right posts and in the right direction ( left/right-up/down )

trial and error. maybe the PS and the power led got you confused too?

just look at the booklet and look at it 20 more times if need be. then look at what it says on the ends of the wires and then stare at the MOBO. a small flashlight might help as maybe a magnifying glass.

Solution