Computer keeps shutting down

I have a HP pavilion a6302f and it was operating normally before. I had cleaned up my computer's fan/heatsink and it was still normal. Then i decided to use EVGA precision to overclock my gpu and i believe the computer overheated. So, I set it back to default and uninstalled it. Then, it started shutting down after 1-1.5 hours. Now, when I turn it on after a 1hour wait, it shuts down in 3-5 minutes as the fan is really noisy.

I attempted to access the Bias and I could not find where I could find the CPU temperature is located or the speed....

My GPU is the Nividia Geforce 6150se nforce 430 and i had planned to upgrade my GPU.

Where have I gone wrong since it was working perfectly fine before?

I really need your help, I have a project due soon and I don't have another computer especially one with Autocad....
3 answers Last reply
More about computer shutting down
  1. It is possible you tried to pull too much power from the cheap, stock PSU when you overclocked the video card.
  2. yes but I had set it back to default clock speed and even uninstalled the program.. how can it still continue
  3. I took out the entire cpu heatsink, cleaned out the old thermal paste, added new thermal compound, placed the processor back into its proper place, and added the heatsink... Now when i turn the computer on, the fan spins for 1-1.5 seconds and then it comes to a stop eventually...
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Computers Systems