ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 quadfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

toscar12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
hello i am planing on buying two Asus 7970 dc2t's for crossfire and a Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard but am reconsidering because i think it will stop me being able to upgrade to quad fire in the future because they are so large. So basically what i need to know is there a motherboard and case out there that would accept this great card in a quad fire setup. Thank you very much

Solution
You are right oscar you can't because they are triple slot cards you can only fit 2 and maybe that is a good thing stopping you from getting 4 cards and you being unhappy with your results in the end :)

EzioAs

Distinguished
When you're about to spend on more than 2 video cards for a PC, I really think you should've read more reviews (psu, video card, motherboard, cases), see more more benchmark and think more thoroughly. I'm not going to recommend any motherboard for you. 4-Way Crossfire makes little sense but just for ego or setting/challenging world records.

Yea its more of a benchmark thing to have 4 GPU's which if that is your thing go for it. You start to see games actually starting to act worse when you go past 2-3 cards working in SLi or Crossfire.

Honestly here is what I would do if I were you. Buy one card at a time. If you are using a multi monitor setup go ahead and get a second 7970 and test it out. See if your frames are acceptable if they are stick with it but don't go all in on upgrades piece things together and when you feel like you need more add to it. You could upgrade other components then just your graphics card with the money you are willing to put into your graphic cards.

toscar12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
haha well really all i want to know if 4 asus 7970 dcts will fit on any motherboard or are they to big the apparently take up 2.5 slots its mainly for the future once the 8970s come out and stuff like that currently im only getting 2

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Well the only way the 8970 will outperform 2 7970s in CF is if the 8970 will have a 80-100% performance increase over the 7970 which it will most certainly NOT have. So yes, 2 7970s in CF WILL beat an 8970 (not factoring in Crossfire driver support).

Status
Not open for further replies.