PC-suite problem windows 98

Hello NG(s)

Im having problems with my pc-suite - It does not work on plain windows 98.
I just bought myself a 6230i and i would like to communicate with my new
toy. Any suggestions how i do that?

I use a IRDA USB and i have windows 98 (normal version), 6230i and i would
be greatfull if you have an answer to my problem.

Yours,

Pinga
3 answers Last reply
More about suite problem windows

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:31:54 +0200, "Pinga" <no@reply.com> wrote:

    >Hello NG(s)
    >
    >Im having problems with my pc-suite - It does not work on plain windows 98.
    >I just bought myself a 6230i and i would like to communicate with my new
    >toy. Any suggestions how i do that?
    >
    >I use a IRDA USB and i have windows 98 (normal version), 6230i and i would
    >be greatfull if you have an answer to my problem.
    >
    >Yours,
    >
    >Pinga

    I think the minimum for PC Suite is Win98SE but even them you'll have
    to use an earlier version of PC Suite - no guarantees that it will
    work with 6230i.
    You could always check out gammu or gnokii which should work over IRDA
    and both are GPL.

    Alan
    Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    "Pinga" <no@reply.com> wrote in message
    > Hello NG(s)
    >
    > Im having problems with my pc-suite - It does not work on plain windows
    > 98.
    > I just bought myself a 6230i and i would like to communicate with my new
    > toy. Any suggestions how i do that?
    >
    > I use a IRDA USB and i have windows 98 (normal version), 6230i and i would
    > be greatfull if you have an answer to my problem.

    The lifecycle for windows 98 is well and truly over; i'd advise doing what
    the other poster said, or upgrading to XP.... it can be done for free if you
    look in the right places *cough cough*

    jio;ypo5r

    --
    mikejung24