Diverting memory to enhance graphics/game performance

Can anyone explain how I can divert some of the memory to my graphics card or
bus or wherever it needs to go, in order to allow my games to run with better
graphics?
I'm trying to play EVE ONLINE
I have WINDOWS XP, HOME EDITION
I have a VIA SG3 KN4000/KN4000 card, (i think).
2 answers Last reply
More about diverting memory enhance graphics game performance

    You can't. Video memory and computer memory are two different entities.

    "Staggg" <Staggg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone explain how I can divert some of the memory to my graphics card
    > or
    > bus or wherever it needs to go, in order to allow my games to run with
    > better
    > graphics?
    > I'm trying to play EVE ONLINE
    > I have WINDOWS XP, HOME EDITION
    > I have a VIA SG3 KN4000/KN4000 card, (i think).

    However, you might want to look into the purchase of a 3D
    accelerated graphics card. Visit your local retailer for a list
    of DX 9 compatible video card available for your model PC.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Jack Handey" <nothere@overthere.com> wrote in message news:uCdn2nUmFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | You can't. Video memory and computer memory are two different entities.
    |
    | "Staggg" <Staggg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > Can anyone explain how I can divert some of the memory to my graphics card
    | > or
    | > bus or wherever it needs to go, in order to allow my games to run with
    | > better
    | > graphics?
    | > I'm trying to play EVE ONLINE
    | > I have WINDOWS XP, HOME EDITION
    | > I have a VIA SG3 KN4000/KN4000 card, (i think).

Memory Games Graphics Windows XP