ASUS Sabertooth X58

Malignant PC

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hi Toms hardware forum users, I am having a bit of an issue with my gaming rig and was hoping that you might be able to help.

Anyways, I have a homebuilt PC that I put together at the end of 2011. It has the X58 MOBO, i7 950, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB XMS2 1333 MHz Memory and an 850 watt thermaltake PSU. I built it mainly for gaming; and for most games which are non-FPS, the computer works great. However, I am having an issue with my mouse accuracy. I have tried different mice and it seems that it has something to do with the computer and not the mouse itself. I have tried tweaking both the ingame settings and the settings in control panel. I really have no idea exactily what it could be that is causing the mouse to be inaccurate. When playing FPS games I have issues with accuracy in placing the closshair directly on something in a quick fashion (which I know isn't me just being a noob because I didn't have this issue on previous PCs that I owned), when I try to aim directly on something the mouse seems very inaccurate. It is not a huge deal but it has been bothering me getting to thinking that there may be something wrong with the PC. Does anyone have suggestions or similar previous experiences with a homebuilt (or pre-assembled) computer? Also, any input on the parts used or suggestions for upgrades would be appreciated as well.

Malignant PC

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
The make of the mouse is Dell, it is a basic dell wired mouse, but i have tried different mice with the same result which leads me to believe it may be a hardware or driver issue.

I've adjusted sensitivity on both the fps games I play and in control panel which didn't help. Is it possible that I am shorting the USB via a wrongly connected cable or and obstruction in the port? I am unsure if that will effect the accuracy of the mouse or if it would simply cause it to fail altogether. I am using a standard black mousepad, but it is pretty old and may need to be replaced.

When I leave work today I will uninstall the mouse driver and see if that makes a difference upon re-installation. The mouse itself is old as well, but I had used a razer gaming mouse which yielded a bit higher accuracy but it still seemed very awkward to aim properly.