Voodoo TVFM card

G

I have one of these cards which works fine BUT
If mains is connected to the PC, it fires up without waiting for me to press the turn on button. I can only turn the PC off by turning the mains off (as it refires if I turn it off the normal way.
My PC works perfectly normally without this card. Configuration: Gigabyte GA60E, PIII733, 384MB, Matrox G450, IBM 20+30GB drives, ASUS 612 DVD, Plxowriter CDwriter, ADS Pyro 1394 DV

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
do you say you have mains (or psu) shortcut when you put a TV card on one pci slot ?

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.

G

I get the same problem with both the PCI slots I have tried with this card. It is causing the machine to start up as soon as the mains is connected (without having to press the button on the front of the box) and restart when I StartMenu....ShutDown....ShutDown.
When I first inserted the card (which I did with the machine off but the mains cable in so I had an earth, the machine fired as soon as the card was inserted. No other card I have ever inserted did this. I suypect that the start mechnism must be one of the lines on the PCI slots, and there must be a short somewhere in the card between two of the tracks but unless I know which I have no chance of fixing it. I can't see a short anywhere

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
to try to view this short, you have to test this card off the comp. with a multimeter which can test resistors & shortcut.
but its not an easy trick.

i think its also an FM card so besides pay attention to the antenna. it can give easily shortcut too.

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by labdog on 02/24/02 08:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>