Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will this PCI Fit on my Motherboard?

Last response: in Systems
a c 81 V Motherboard
March 4, 2013 8:27:24 AM

That device doesn't actually connect to the motherboard in any way, it just screws into the rear PCI bracket of the case and uses a Molex plug for its power. Should be fine.

If you can find it down under, suggest you look up the NZXT Hue, might be a better option than this solution.
m
l
March 4, 2013 11:24:20 PM

manofchalk said:
That device doesn't actually connect to the motherboard in any way, it just screws into the rear PCI bracket of the case and uses a Molex plug for its power. Should be fine.

If you can find it down under, suggest you look up the NZXT Hue, might be a better option than this solution.

Ok well I am using the storm enforcer, and the two fans on the case use both 3 pin connectors, do i plug the molex connector into the 4 pin area where you connect fans?
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2013 11:25:45 PM

manofchalk said:

Ok well I am using the storm enforcer, and the two fans on the case use both 3 pin connectors, do i plug the molex connector into the 4 pin area where you connect fans?

Here are the connectors on the mobo
- 2 x CPU Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin)
- 3 x Chassis Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 2 x 3-pin)
- 1 x Power Fan connector (3-pin)

my case uses 2 3 pins, and I am using a noctua nh-d14, where would I connect the LED Lighting?
m
l

Best solution

a c 81 V Motherboard
March 5, 2013 2:51:22 AM

The LED strip has disappeared from PCCG's website.

A Molex connector looks like this

And wont connect to the fan headers on the motherboard unless you use some kind of adapter. Your PSU should have plenty of Molex connections you can use.
March 5, 2013 3:03:54 AM

Best answer selected by DECR7PT.
m
l
!