PreInstalled Spider Solitaire disappeared

a b D Laptop
August 5, 2005 12:46:31 PM

I had Hearts and Spider Sol. on my Dell Laptop when I bought it. I have used
them for over 2years but I turned on my laptop last week and they weren't
there. The OnLine games are still there but the ones on my computer are
gone! (Except pinball which i don't play). Anyone know how I can get these
back? I've done a Computer all Files search with no luck. Thanks for any
help
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2005 2:49:59 PM

Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
click the Next button and finally Finish. Restart your system, and they
should be there.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had Hearts and Spider Sol. on my Dell Laptop when I bought it. I have
>used
> them for over 2years but I turned on my laptop last week and they weren't
> there. The OnLine games are still there but the ones on my computer are
> gone! (Except pinball which i don't play). Anyone know how I can get
> these
> back? I've done a Computer all Files search with no luck. Thanks for any
> help

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2005 11:45:01 PM

Thanks for your reply Chris.....but I tried it twice and it didn't work. I
also noticed my Accessories & Utilities were not showing up in Start Menu.
Everything there was checked. I unchecked then rechecked all, did everything
you said then re-started to no avail. Thanks anyway. Bonnie

"Chris H." wrote:

> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
> from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
> click the Next button and finally Finish. Restart your system, and they
> should be there.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had Hearts and Spider Sol. on my Dell Laptop when I bought it. I have
> >used
> > them for over 2years but I turned on my laptop last week and they weren't
> > there. The OnLine games are still there but the ones on my computer are
> > gone! (Except pinball which i don't play). Anyone know how I can get
> > these
> > back? I've done a Computer all Files search with no luck. Thanks for any
> > help

a b D Laptop
August 6, 2005 12:40:19 AM

Have you run your anti virus software using the latest definitions on your
system lately? Accessories should be off the Start menu under All
Programs/Accessories.

On the suggested changes, you would need to uncheck everything, OK your way
out, restart your system, then go back in and put the desired check marks
in, and repeat the OKing and restart. Then try it.
--

> Thanks for your reply Chris.....but I tried it twice and it didn't work.
> also noticed my Accessories & Utilities were not showing up in Start Menu.
> Everything there was checked. I unchecked then rechecked all, did
> everything
> you said then re-started to no avail. Thanks anyway. Bonnie
>
> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
>> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
>> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
>> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
>> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
>> marks
>> from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
>> click the Next button and finally Finish. Restart your system, and they
>> should be there.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I had Hearts and Spider Sol. on my Dell Laptop when I bought it. I have
>> >used
>> > them for over 2years but I turned on my laptop last week and they
>> > weren't
>> > there. The OnLine games are still there but the ones on my computer
>> > are
>> > gone! (Except pinball which i don't play). Anyone know how I can get
>> > these
>> > back? I've done a Computer all Files search with no luck. Thanks for
>> > any
>> > help

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2005 3:37:25 PM

Yes on the Anti virus software (Norton). On the suggested changes it is
asking me to insert Disk for WindowsXP. I believe I have that at home so I
will check it out when I get back from Vacation....Thanks Chris.

"Chris H." wrote:

> Have you run your anti virus software using the latest definitions on your
> system lately? Accessories should be off the Start menu under All
> Programs/Accessories.
>
> On the suggested changes, you would need to uncheck everything, OK your way
> out, restart your system, then go back in and put the desired check marks
> in, and repeat the OKing and restart. Then try it.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply Chris.....but I tried it twice and it didn't work.
> > also noticed my Accessories & Utilities were not showing up in Start Menu.
> > Everything there was checked. I unchecked then rechecked all, did
> > everything
> > you said then re-started to no avail. Thanks anyway. Bonnie
> >
> > "Chris H." wrote:
> >
> >> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
> >> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
> >> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
> >> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
> >> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
> >> marks
> >> from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
> >> click the Next button and finally Finish. Restart your system, and they
> >> should be there.
> >> --
> >> Chris H.
> >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> >> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
> >> Associate Expert
> >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >>

> >> "ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 14, 2005 3:33:10 AM

Thanks Chris....I am back home and have re-installed my games. Now when Granny
can't sleep I can play Hearts or Solitaire..God Bless You Sweetie.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 14, 2005 12:11:47 PM

Congratulations! That's wonderful.
--

news:D 8944D63-5803-4BF7-90FC-44B6B99B8B19@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Chris....I am back home and have re-installed my games. Now when
> Granny
> can't sleep I can play Hearts or Solitaire..God Bless You Sweetie.
>
> "ramblinrose" wrote:
>
>> Yes on the Anti virus software (Norton). On the suggested changes it is
>> asking me to insert Disk for WindowsXP. I believe I have that at home so
>> will check it out when I get back from Vacation....Thanks Chris.
>>
>> "Chris H." wrote:
>>
>> > Have you run your anti virus software using the latest definitions on
>> > your
>> > system lately? Accessories should be off the Start menu under All
>> > Programs/Accessories.
>> >
>> > On the suggested changes, you would need to uncheck everything, OK your
>> > way
>> > out, restart your system, then go back in and put the desired check
>> > marks
>> > in, and repeat the OKing and restart. Then try it.
>> > --
>> > Chris H.
>> > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>> > Associate Expert
>> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> >

>> > "ramblinrose" <ramblinrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 18, 2005 2:56:21 AM

--
birdsongplace
a b D Laptop

Excellent! 8-)
--

"birdsongplace" <birdsongplace.1tyd02@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message
>> Chris,
>>
>> I was having this same problem. I "googled" the problem and your
>> answer came up. I followed your instructions and it worked! Thanks
>> so much for posting the information. I am delighted to have my games
>> back!
>

> --
> birdsongplace

December 7, 2009 12:47:38 AM

Chris, Thanks. I did a quck search on how to reinstall games on my dell and this is the first post I tried and it worked perfectly. Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

Quote:

!