Any news about Nokia 6680 + many bugs ?

Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?

What is the latest firmware available ?

Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about news nokia 6680 bugs

    "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
    > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
    >
    > What is the latest firmware available ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif

    LOL
    "yup" <not@now.ta> wrote in message

    > "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
    > > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
    > >
    > > What is the latest firmware available ?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif

    And ?

    Lorenzo wrote:
    > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
    > What is the latest firmware available ?

    Lorenzo,

    I got a 6680 from Orange, originally with FW 3.04.11. It had several
    problems, notably crashing intermittently when packet data services
    (web or email). I complained and Orange replaced it with a new one (FW
    3.04.35). So far this seems to have fixed the problem. However, I
    haven't tested it thoroughly - and also I did reformat the memory card
    at around the time of the upgrade. Some other people have suggested
    that the one which comes in the box is badly formatted and can be a
    cause of errors, so I can't say whether it was this or the old FW which
    caused the network problems.

    Strangely enough, battery life is much better on the new handset.
    Before I was getting <2 days when using dual-band (3G) mode, but now I
    get between 3 and 4. I managed 4 days previously using GSM only and
    making a fair few calls; haven't yet checked to see if this is better
    under the new FW. Again, since I now have a new handset, I can't
    really attribute this to FW or HW.

    Anyway, in summary my new handset, with new firmware, performs very
    nicely.

    Gareth

    "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cd82a8$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
    > And ?

    He's suggesting you use google as there's tonnes of info there.... hint hint

    "Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Lorenzo wrote:
    >> Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
    >> What is the latest firmware available ?
    >
    > Lorenzo,
    >
    > I got a 6680 from Orange, originally with FW 3.04.11. It had several
    > problems, notably crashing intermittently when packet data services
    > (web or email). I complained and Orange replaced it with a new one (FW
    > 3.04.35). So far this seems to have fixed the problem. However, I
    > haven't tested it thoroughly - and also I did reformat the memory card
    > at around the time of the upgrade. Some other people have suggested
    > that the one which comes in the box is badly formatted and can be a
    > cause of errors, so I can't say whether it was this or the old FW which
    > caused the network problems.
    >
    > Strangely enough, battery life is much better on the new handset.
    > Before I was getting <2 days when using dual-band (3G) mode, but now I
    > get between 3 and 4. I managed 4 days previously using GSM only and
    > making a fair few calls; haven't yet checked to see if this is better
    > under the new FW. Again, since I now have a new handset, I can't
    > really attribute this to FW or HW.
    >
    > Anyway, in summary my new handset, with new firmware, performs very
    > nicely.
    >
    > Gareth

    Does your new handset show missed calls and texts when the keyboard lock is
    on? My 3.04.11 doesn't.

    Yes, it does show them. I think my old handset did too though. Are
    you on Orange?

    "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cd82a8$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
    > And ?
    >

    > "Karl" <karldonald@TAKEOUTmailshack.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> LOL
    >> "yup" <not@now.ta> wrote in message

    >>> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif

    Sorry,

    I was quite drunk the other night when I posted that.......
    It is a giggle but not very helpful.......

Nokia Firmware Bug