Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any news about Nokia 6680 + many bugs ?

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:22:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?

What is the latest firmware available ?

Thanks.

More about : news nokia 6680 bugs

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:22:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
> Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
>
> What is the latest firmware available ?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>

http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif
July 7, 2005 2:38:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

LOL
"yup" <not@now.ta> wrote in message
news:v7Yye.94078$Vo6.60734@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
> > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
> >
> > What is the latest firmware available ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
>
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif
>
>
>
>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:29:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

And ?



"Karl" <karldonald@TAKEOUTmailshack.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:D ahmhh$de6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> LOL
> "yup" <not@now.ta> wrote in message
> news:v7Yye.94078$Vo6.60734@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
>> > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
>> >
>> > What is the latest firmware available ?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
July 8, 2005 4:44:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Lorenzo wrote:
> Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
> What is the latest firmware available ?

Lorenzo,

I got a 6680 from Orange, originally with FW 3.04.11. It had several
problems, notably crashing intermittently when packet data services
(web or email). I complained and Orange replaced it with a new one (FW
3.04.35). So far this seems to have fixed the problem. However, I
haven't tested it thoroughly - and also I did reformat the memory card
at around the time of the upgrade. Some other people have suggested
that the one which comes in the box is badly formatted and can be a
cause of errors, so I can't say whether it was this or the old FW which
caused the network problems.

Strangely enough, battery life is much better on the new handset.
Before I was getting <2 days when using dual-band (3G) mode, but now I
get between 3 and 4. I managed 4 days previously using GSM only and
making a fair few calls; haven't yet checked to see if this is better
under the new FW. Again, since I now have a new handset, I can't
really attribute this to FW or HW.

Anyway, in summary my new handset, with new firmware, performs very
nicely.

Gareth
July 8, 2005 8:51:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cd82a8$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
> And ?

He's suggesting you use google as there's tonnes of info there.... hint hint
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:08:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120808644.980565.282670@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Lorenzo wrote:
>> Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
>> What is the latest firmware available ?
>
> Lorenzo,
>
> I got a 6680 from Orange, originally with FW 3.04.11. It had several
> problems, notably crashing intermittently when packet data services
> (web or email). I complained and Orange replaced it with a new one (FW
> 3.04.35). So far this seems to have fixed the problem. However, I
> haven't tested it thoroughly - and also I did reformat the memory card
> at around the time of the upgrade. Some other people have suggested
> that the one which comes in the box is badly formatted and can be a
> cause of errors, so I can't say whether it was this or the old FW which
> caused the network problems.
>
> Strangely enough, battery life is much better on the new handset.
> Before I was getting <2 days when using dual-band (3G) mode, but now I
> get between 3 and 4. I managed 4 days previously using GSM only and
> making a fair few calls; haven't yet checked to see if this is better
> under the new FW. Again, since I now have a new handset, I can't
> really attribute this to FW or HW.
>
> Anyway, in summary my new handset, with new firmware, performs very
> nicely.
>
> Gareth
>

Does your new handset show missed calls and texts when the keyboard lock is
on? My 3.04.11 doesn't.
July 9, 2005 12:47:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Yes, it does show them. I think my old handset did too though. Are
you on Orange?
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 3:00:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cd82a8$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
> And ?
>
>
>
> "Karl" <karldonald@TAKEOUTmailshack.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:D ahmhh$de6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> LOL
>> "yup" <not@now.ta> wrote in message
>> news:v7Yye.94078$Vo6.60734@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>
>>> "Lorenzo" <----> wrote in message news:42cc3d97$1_2@news.bluewin.ch...
>>> > Any news about Nokia 6680 and many bugs ?
>>> >
>>> > What is the latest firmware available ?
>>> >
>>> > Thanks.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jorizzz/bart.gif
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Sorry,

I was quite drunk the other night when I posted that.......
It is a giggle but not very helpful.......
!