Am I being bottlenecked

Hello, I have just installed my new 560ti and its unable to run DayZ.

fx-4100 processor 3.6 Ghz
8 gb ddr3
500gb HDD 7200 RPM
560 ti 2gb Evga
650W Coolermaster

I dont understand is my gfx card defective or is it being bottlenecked.
18 answers Last reply
More about bottlenecked
  1. Unable? As in you can't launch the game at all or the fps is at an unplayable level?
  2. Even if the GPUs were bottlenecked, you should still be able to run it. Does the game crash? If so, what error message do you get?
  3. FPS wise I can run around on High settings at 20 FPS and lowest settings at 20FPS. The game itself runs fine.
  4. I'm not too familiar with Arma II or how DayZ affects the performance. Is this the only game you're having problems running? What resolution are you playing at?
  5. I usually play at 1280x1024 which I dont think should matter with a 2gb card, and I've noticed an FPS drop in some other games but not like this one. I usually run MW3 at 90FPS at max settings so I dont understand.
  6. Monitor your CPU usage while you play. But from the sounds of it you are getting bottlenecked by your CPU.
  7. Ive monitored it and seen that it was using 40% idle and 80% in game.
  8. Well I can say you're not being bottlenecked. It's either the game or faulty drivers. Try playing around with the video settings a bit and record FPS. Try Enabling/Disabling Vsync & anti-aliasing and running in windowed mode.
  9. Xxst97xX said:
    FPS wise I can run around on High settings at 20 FPS and lowest settings at 20FPS. The game itself runs fine.

This statement right here clearly shows a CPU bottleneck... Remember you don't have to have your CPU at 100% to have it effect your FPS... the CPU at 80% could very well be bottlenecking his FPS. I do agree that you should test all drivers and what not first but i think you will find that your only solution is to upgrade your CPU.
  10. It''s most likely the game's fault, judging by what has been said. If it was the drivers' fault, you would have seen bad FPS in almost all games. Try re-installing, sometimes a file might get lost somewhere while installing...
  11. Ive changed the graphic settings every which way they go, my FPS wont increase. Could it be online gameplay? Because it seems to get decent FPS on the main screen where its going through the game.
  12. Ill try a reinstall if that doesnt help any I may just buy a new processor but I dont wanna spend $200 if I dont have to.
  13. Xxst97xX said:
    Ive changed the graphic settings every which way they go, my FPS wont increase. Could it be online gameplay? Because it seems to get decent FPS on the main screen where its going through the game.

Are you only playing online? If so and if the server can hold a lot of people, that would make the game very CPU-intensive and might create a bottleneck. Have you tried recording your FPS in single-player?
  14. Xxst97xX said:

8 gb ddr3
    500gb HDD 7200 RPM
    560 ti 2gb Evga
    650W Coolermaster

Or if anything you should try installing the latest drivers from Nvidia's website and make sure to turn on triple buffering it will give your card an extra performance boost without even having to overclock it.
  15. Xxst97xX said:

8 gb ddr3
    500gb HDD 7200 RPM
    560 ti 2gb Evga
    650W Coolermaster

Or if anything you should try installing the latest drivers from Nvidia's website and make sure to turn on triple buffering it will give your card an extra performance boost without even having to overclock it.
  16. as heavy of a MOD as DayZ is, it appears that any dual core can run it. but not necessarily very well.
    try overclocking your cpu to see if the performance increases.
  17. It is your CPU... try overclocking it and see if you can get a few FPS increase... BUt don't expect more than 1-5 fps increase. What is your motherboard? You may want to thinking about upgrading to an FX-4300,FX-6300, or FX-8320/8350.
  18. in your power settings, set the max CPU to 80% or so. Then try the game. If the game gets worse performance, you probably are CPU bottlenecked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Processors Hard Drives Graphics