Closed Solved

How do you view a devices output in windows?

Been searching online for hours but I can't find anything

I am working on a project and I am attempting to view an HDMI input through my computer. Like a capture card, but I do not want to record the video.

So here is a diagram of what I am trying to achieve.

Device output --> HDMI/DVI/VGA --> PC Input --> inside windows--> PC Monintor

So in the end I will have a window of my input that I can minimize and manipulate.

Any suggestion? I know it is someone where on the line of a capture card...
I have a gtx570 of that would do anything.

Or is there a way to use a VGA port on my computer to achieve this?

Edit: I just want to have the ability to have the output in a window for I can manipulate it.

Thanks for any help, so lost
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about view devices output windows
  1. Best answer
    look at dazzle capture cards. they are cheap...i used one to capture my xbox 360 gameplay

edit: no you can't use your vga port as its designed for video output to some external display, not video imput...dazzle uses usb for the imput
  2. I am not trying to record though, just to view and have my pc to have the ability to view it and read from it
  3. You need a capture card. Graphics cards with that function such as Ati All-in-wonder have long been abandoned by manufacturers.

I'm guessing this would do the trick:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9152&CatId=3493
  4. if you want to "view" it you still need a capture card dawg
  5. It is a simple capture card. They all come with software, that does exactly what you want, except viewing copy protected content (HDCP). http://eu.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/PCI-Express-HD-Video-Capture-Card-1080p-HDMI-DVI-VGA-Component~PEXHDCAP
  6. Thank you everyone, appreciate it. If I do this how bad will the delay/ lag be?
  7. small delay 5 sec tops
  8. Is there anyway to get the delay to something non noticeable? Or non existent?
  9. Best answer selected by Mrfist.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Devices Graphics