Sign in with
Your question

Recording Live Media from an Internet stream.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2013 5:43:30 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I was hoping you guys might be able to help with a little issue I have. I am trying to accomplish a few different things.

1. I want to record in decent quality Live streams from a sports website that I use. I just dont' know if I need Software or hardware or a combination of both.

2. After I record the live streams and save them to a hard drive, I want to be able to edit the videos so that I can make a high light tape of the games that I watch. What would be a good software option? I would like to be able to use a mac for this but PC options will work to. I am not on a budget either so hopefully that helps.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
January 14, 2013 6:44:30 PM

Since we have no way of knowing whether or not you have the rights to record, edit, or replay/rebroadcast the content of the sports live stream, I don't think anyone here can help you (violation of the Terms of Use to discuss illegal activities).

Sure it might be your local youth hockey league, but it could also be the NFL playoffs. We have no way of knowing for sure.

-Wolf sends
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:25:37 PM

Its an Amateur MMA league. My brother fights in it but they don't offer any videos of the fight for sale. We spoke to one of the league commissioners and they are the ones that suggested we take advantage of the the free stream. and try and find a way to record the fights from the stream. Me and my father live in another state and have no way of going to the bouts so we cant' exactly tape the fights from the location. We have permission to tape/ use and rebroadcast any of the fights as long as we don't try to turn a profit on it which we wouldn't. And honestly i am not sure who would pay money to see amateurs fight. Does that help ?
m
l
January 14, 2013 10:10:10 PM

Unfortunately, no. While your reasons may be legitimate, the next person reading this thread may not.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!