JeN

While "cleaning" my computer, I accidentally deleted the basic windows xp
games. I tried the recommendations of Chris H in the 8/5 post. When it went
to update it, the computer couldn't find freecell.exe. Even with my xp CD it
can't find the exe file. any thoughts?

Open Control Panel and go to Folder Options. On the View tab, make sure
you've enabled "Show hidden files and folders." Remove the check mark from
'Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system
files (Recommended)." Now click the Apply button, followed by OK.

Now open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), expand the C: drive
listing by clicking the + sign to the left of My Computer, and again left of
the C: drive listing. Do a Search on the C: drive (highlight it) for
freecell.exe and see if you don't find it in the C:\WINDOWS\system32
directory. You should also have the rest of the games in that directory,
like mshearts.exe.

Now that you've established the games being in their "home," again try the
procedures I previously outlined. Please keep any additional posts in this
thread instead of starting a new one.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC