Installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlock66

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
i got a new GTX 650 video card and put it in my case snapped it in place and went to the next step of securing the card with screws or covers etc. when i went to secure it i found that the top tab of metal on the card is raised like 1/2 an in. off the plate where it needs to be.i cant secure it. am i installing the wrong way or is it my stupid case? so as of right now its ziptied to the case. so thinking i had that problem fixed. i turned on the computer and it just started normally (i didnt un install drivers of graphics card before because if this card doesnt end up working then the old drivers gone). i went to install the new gtx 650 driver and it said serching..... then told me no compatable graphical hardware was detected. (btw my 6pin connector isnt connected, is that why it cant be detected or is it another reason?) whats going on?

Solution

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

It seems to be that your case has a low profile bracket rather than a taller bracket.

Solution

yes. Did the card come with a low-profile bracket included in the box? many do just for your purpose and the regular profile bracket can be removed and replaced with the low-profile bracket..but not sure about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.