I need expert advices

3n3rg3ia

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Good evening Toms community.

Im here in your arms again for a serious problem i have in my mind.
In few days im getting payed and ill have available 800euros to upgrade my pc, ill give a view for what i current have:

Mobo:Asus M5A8L LE(it has serv me very good but ill explain u in a bit why i think i need to change it even if i dont want to)
VGA:Asus HD7750 1GB GDDR5(oc to 930mhz core and 1300mhz mem, it has serv me also greatly with 3378 3dmark11 score)
DDR: DDR3 Kingston KHX1600C9D3B1K2- 2x4GB (stock speed is 1333 , i just changed it in BIOS to 1600 and no other changes)
PSU: Corsair VX550W
CPU:AMD FX-4100(oc to 4.2ghz with stock cooling and all auto in voltages and such, just multiplier i changed)
HDD: WD500GB 7200RPM

My thoughts on what hardware i was thinking to get with the 800euro
:??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??:
Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX Rev 1
VGA: HiS HD7950 IceQ X2 Boost clock( i dunno why but i only see the best reviews for this card and i have fell in love but im open to new advices or some redirects to some other 7950 reviews ofc)
DDR: Vengeance Low Profile 4x4GB 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 timings (when oc and they are tested by corsair)
SSD:HyperX 3K Kingston 240GB( i think 550mb reading and 520 writing)
CPU:FX-8350 4Ghz
PSU:650W or higher.

Well u understand that the 800 euro not enough for all the thoughts, but enough for the 1st 4 items,
Now my biggest problem is what items u experts think that they will give me good performance if i upgrade them wisely?
I said that my current mobo has serv me good but if i take the SSD(and i think this SSD is the best upgrade among alls) but
that mobo is sata 2 and i dont know if i can use sata 3 with the proper reading-writing correct, there will be limitiation i guess cuz of the transfer speed that sata 2 has.

Im really in ur hands and i want to know ur opinions, please dont treat me harsh cuz i dont want to end up throwing the euros in the trash, i want to take something that i will keep for long time and something that wil shiny my eyes in benchmarks and such, i must say that after 2 months ill have 400-500euro more for something else but i was thinking for a good case with water cooling and maybe the left over hardwares, but i want to feel at least happy with the first purchases!

I can provide u a site that im able to get the hardwares in my country(Greece here) i hope this is not against the rules posting a site , im not advertising in any way i just need help from more expirienced people on what hardware will be more valuable and more performance wise to me, im not a playing high end games , just world of warcraft tbh but i love overclocking even tho im total noob with it and i run benchmarks in general.

The Greek sites is Digitalmaster.gr and e-shop.gr
Those 2 cuz they are the cheapest i have find and they have a lot of hardware in stock,
again i must state that i dont advertise these sites, i just post them in case some1 can see witch hardware we have in market here in Greece and what i could benefit better.

I really ask for ur kindness and ur guidance to my matter and i hope to God that we might end up to something extreme here, i know Toms community is capable for the best, thats the reason im seeking guidness here :bounce:

Thanks for reading my thread , i still have few days till i get paid and there is time to discuss this, its 00:00 midnight and i gotta work in 6 hours.

I can be online from my work and ill have plenty of time for more reviews and guides and anything.

Ok i hope u understanded my english(Greeks is my native language)

I hope you have fun and God Bless you all! :love: :love: :love:

(heading to my bed :sleep: :sleep: it still takes me a lot of mins till i sleep cuz i just cant stop about the new hardware, i know i overreact but its something that really bothers me and i dunno why, im just addicted to technology i guess, sighs.
Goodnight everyone and best Regards.)

scragnoff

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hi 3n3rg3ia!

On the Video Card: that's a great video card. If you want, go ahead and get that one.

On the SSD: definitely get one if you don't have one yet. The performance increase in access time is amazing!

On the RAM: 16 GB is great, but you might not really need that much, unless you're into heavy video editing, etc. I'd suggest to sticking with 8 GB.

On the CPU and Mobo: I'd suggest to wait and see what Haswell has to offer. If you can't wait, then I suggest the Intel i5-3570K, as it has the best performance/price ratio.

On the PSU: 550w is more than adequate. But if you're thinking of going Crossfire in the future, then 650W would be great. I see you have a Corsair-manufactured unit. That company is a trusted manufacturer, and other trusted manufacturers are SeaSonic, Antec, and XFX. As always, go with psu's with 80+ certification.

3n3rg3ia

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
:) hello scragnoff thank you very much for the advice , it is very much appriciated u made me think of it a lot,

i must admit that i was always with amd cpus for life but ill go right ahead and search for reviews and performance in games and benchmarks out of this i5 3570k cpu,

i also noticed that asrock z77 is cheaper than sabertooth 990fx rev2 and that might save me money to include them to something more valuable out of the rest hardware that i seek,

i want to ask something more plz, i ended up watching the prices in amazon and i find out they have all the hardwares even 20-40euro cheaper than Greece and i can get cool hardware out of them, can some1 tell me with his hand in his heart if they are trustfull in purchases? i mean im in Greece and is there any chance that ill loose my money and end up not getting the hardware?

i contacted with some amazon live chatter and he told me that even if i dont recieve the items they refund the money back but it has to be amazon the seller and not any 3rd party seller, can some1 confirm this plz?

Thanks in advance. :)

also i cant find the vga his hd7950 iceq x2 in amazon , there is only a 3rd party seller that its not delivering to Greece, so im kinda doomed , very doomed cuz i rly felt in love with this vga :(((((

TRENDING THREADS