Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help choosing the right parts

Last response: in Systems
March 4, 2013 8:06:22 PM

Hello, Im a first time pc builder though i know a far amount about pc's in general. Im trying to build a pretty nice pc but i dont know what parts to get for some of the things i need. im using it for gaming, music, and a lot of youtube stuff. i mainly want it to have good graphics, be fast, and be relatively quiet. i also want to use water-cooling. this is my build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
CPU Cooler (liquid cooling) :?
Motherboard:Asus maximus v extreme
Memory:?
Storage (Hard Drive):WD 2tb black
Storage (SSD):?
Video Cardiamond AMD Radeon HD 7970
Case: nxzt phantom
Optical Drives: lg blu ray burner
Power Supply:?

Thanks,
J

More about : choosing parts

Best solution

April 17, 2013 7:07:20 AM

When you say "youtube stuff" do you mean uploading/editing videos, or loading them quickly?

CPU: If you want to create/edit/upload videos, go with the 3770k, if you're just going to be doing gaming, go with the 3570k.

Water cooling: If you have the money go with a custom water cooling loop. Buy the parts yourself (pump, res, coolant, tubing, fittings) it will look nicer, and much more customization.

Memory: If you're going to be creating/editing/uploading videos, 16 GB of RAM won't hurt. If you're just doing gaming, 8 GB is perfect.

SSD: Go with a 120 GB SSD for a boot drive. Also, if you're doing youtube video creating/editing/uploading, grab a second hard drive to record your games to.

PSU: 750 watt should be fine, 650 watt would even do but if you have the money grab a 750 watt, especially if you plan on adding another GPU in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions!
a b B Homebuilt system
May 5, 2013 8:33:12 AM

Hey, please fill out those questions, otherwise it's gonna take too long asking you those question one by one. Post answers here. After you do that we will be able to help you faster, without having to be guessing in the dark. Thanks
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/353572-13-build-upg...
m
l
!