Can't make it past windows 7 splash screen

Lawl Attack

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Well i just got my new DVD-Drive today, so i burned a copy of the windows 7 ISO x64. i have backed up all my files and inserted the disc. when i reboot my computer it makes it past the windows is starting up screen. but then when i can see my mouse cursor with the little circle spinning, the circle stops and the screen stays at the blue screen, no pop up boxs to install or anything else i can do...

suggestions/solutions?

A74MX-K Foxconn MB
AMD Athlon x2 2.6ghz 5000+
HIS Radeon HD 4650
2 X 1GB Kingston RAM
300GB WD HDD

Solution
if you are on dual channel ram, try removing 1 stick then install windows.

if removing a stick resolved your issue, you probably need to update your bios.

I experienced that issue, was running 4 gig dual channel. I removed 1 stick then installation went through. putting back the stick causes windows 7 to hang up on (blue) welcome screen. just updated my bios and haven't experienced any issues...

botbot

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
if you are on dual channel ram, try removing 1 stick then install windows.

if removing a stick resolved your issue, you probably need to update your bios.

I experienced that issue, was running 4 gig dual channel. I removed 1 stick then installation went through. putting back the stick causes windows 7 to hang up on (blue) welcome screen. just updated my bios and haven't experienced any issues...

Solution

lbj

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Just another thought on this item.
I tried that solution with no success.
Based on my company's research, it appears to be motherboard related. Taking out the memory modules may have bypassed the issue, but the root cause seems to be motherboards. This person's some Gigabyte boards, some others as well.
There is a similar thread on the social.answers.microsoft.com site at:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com...357-c70a-42f3-ae33-c69f82380e76?prof=required

We are running into this issue more and more since Vista, and now W7.
Any other salient posts would be appreciated, as we're considering not recommending W7 now to our customers.

Julie25

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Windows 7 does that. Everyone thinks it has stopped. Go away for awhile. Come back in 10 or 20 minutes and the hangup will be over and it will continue. I don't like Windows 7 as much as XP. Too much junk in it, such as those huge silly semi-transparent folders that pop up when I try to move one file to another, all of those open windows at the bottom etc. Seems like a lot of hulabaloo about a program that looks fancy but has nothing but annoying additions.