Escape from New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
Just No
Look up all the special social programs directed at Detroit.
While it was true that outsourcing allowed to weaken Detroit severly, it also was very prosperous, and so, the social programs were even moreso
The smart poor has left that city, once the freebies left as well, and is why we see such a huge loss in population there.
The larger the body, the higher the count of parasites, in this case, an extremely fit body had an overly huge amount of of parasites, as seen in all cities, an uneven amount of "helpless poor" "needing" help of others, when, as healthy as it was, they couldnt find jobs.
This is but a continuation of certains leaders who have found ways to feed off those same poor, by ataining their votes, and creating such a scenario, making that circle or "system" work for them, and literally destroy lives and cities along with it

Its more than that
GM and Ford were sitting on their hands, and going the easy way for quite some time, letting Japan et al take up marketshare.
This I know
Now, as time for resurgance comes from the automakers, will governement be so bold as to head down the same path it did before, or will it start working WITH business, to create an acceptable situation, where business and governement are both prosperous, meaning, not only tax basee, but a well run governement, doing most with its new unearned dollars

Taxes are simply money distributions, period.
If a car is made in Detroit, the taxes "owed" the governement are paid by thos who by the cars, or, all over the world, where those taxes come back to Detroit.
If the politicians create a non needed helps support structure, those helps will never end, only increase, and those whove flocked away because the freebies dried up, will simply flock back in.
Theres literally people getting free bus rides from one state to another to take immediate advantages of being poor, and once run out, they then gain another such bus ride to the next state, to start it all over again.
Now, if this scenario is obvious and a blatant display of using the system, how many other scenarios exist, keeping people put where they are?
All these people, if they vote, vote 90% or more for 1 party, the one that courts such actions, creating its own trough to feed upon.
This cycle/style/direction has to end, because when things get bad, they simply have no power, and as is well known, when someone starts putting down someone else, theyve already lost their argument, and so far, we see racism, class warfare and other name calling being used as tools for generations by 1 party, but escalating even moreso in these troubling times

You guys are no ... wrong ... seriously ... study some economic history.

Once the protectionist tariffs were removed from the remaining large countries in order to allow any manufacturer equal access to sales outside one's own country, then the end result could be clearly seen many years ago.

Owners of these large companies outsourced production in the countries where they could get the best balance of cheap labour vs existing workforce with minimal skills gaps.

i could make a huge list but lets just look at our beloved Intel.

Er where are their factories located now??

Fbarication ... best balance of technology vs wages:

Fab sitesFab name City Production start year Process (Wafer, node)
DID Hillsboro, Oregon, USA 2003 300 mm, 32 nm
DIC Hillsboro, Oregon, USA 2001 300 mm, 32 nm
Fab 12 Chandler, Arizona, USA 1996 300 mm, 65 nm
Fab 32 Chandler, Arizona, USA 2007 300 mm, 45/32 nm
Fab 42 Chandler, Arizona, USA 2013 300 mm, 14 nm
Fab 11x Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA 2002 300 mm, 45/32 nm
Fab 17 Hudson, Massachusetts, USA 1998 200 mm
Fab 10 Leixlip, Ireland 1994 200 mm
Fab 14 Leixlip, Ireland 1998 200 mm
Fab 24 Leixlip, Ireland 2006 300 mm, 90/65 nm
Fab 28 Kiryat Gat, Israel 2008 300 mm, 45 nm
Fab 68 Dalian, China Late 2010 (Expected) 300 mm, 65 nm

Assembly/test sitesIntel has one assembly/test site in Belén, Costa Rica, with all others located in Asia:

Chengdu, China
Pudong, China
Kulim, Malaysia
Penang, Malaysia
Cavite, Philippines
Saigon, Vietnam
Karachi, Ranchoreline (GALAXY COMPUTER)0300-9218950

Want to pick another company ... well one that isn't in the RED and going BELLY UP??

The US should just do what it does best ... tell me what you the best at?

Here are a few:

Marketing
High Tech design
Engineering
Management
Crypo
Security
Higher Education
Killing things

etc ...

Market and follow through on the things you do best.

Case in point ... The US has more of the top 100 Universities in the world ... so gear up to take more international students and staff / resource accordingly.

Voila .. more jobs created.

Why reinvigorate low level manufacturing when you will never be able to compete with third world countries ...

The Dems can have NY and Detroit and raise taxes on themselves. Obama can then change all the laws like a dictator does. He can take away all states rights and build a moat with alligators around it all like He suggested. With an approval rating like Obama runs with his welfare rich nation policies, you would think Californians and CA corporations would be leaving in droves.

http://jan.ocregister.com/2011/04/15/more-firms-move-jobs-facilities-out-of-california/57653/

Yeah poor old W's state is hurting, in the wrong direction according to some politicians
I responded before I read your link "eBay Inc. in San Jose which will add 1,000 high-paying jobs in Austin, Texas after receiving government incentives to locate there."
Basically, Texas has been raping Cali for years now, and will continue to, as they dont take kindly to loafers

In-n-out in CA since 1948. Now in Texas

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110511/tr_ac/8455209_innout_burger_opens_in_texas

Haven't ate at Carl's jr. in about 20 years, but business end moving to Texas. I can tell Texans no matter what you order from Carl's menu it taste like their fries. Even the vanilla shakes.

http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2011/02/01/is-carls-jr-parent-moving-headquarters-to-texas/87436/

My comment: Boxer is a 'tard badly in need of in patient therapy (in anywhere but government). Therapy far beyond what she has received so far and that has been considerable to date. Her prozac supplements become her. Feinsten is Dracula's daughter. Don't believe me? She looks like she should be a retiree working part time scooping ice cream at baskin Robbins. She's worse than a 10th grade english teacher you hated. Together CA's two senators have run business out of CA. Now Jerry Brown is Gov. Bwhahahahahahahaha! Between Boxer, Feinstein and Brown the state is a catastrophe as far as business or new business prospects. Run!!!! Run for you economic life!!!!!!!!! Sure Texas and Nevada as well as Mexico look like god's gift to business when staring that three headed monster in the face. Boxer is a lot like Lon Chaney, Jr. only more scary. Feinstein looks more like Bela Lugosi every day. What was that movie Sybil? Boxer makes Sybil look tame.

Barbara Boxer

A Senator (and don't you forget it) from California whose ego is as large as the deficit that State currently faces.

A radical extremist hardcore "falling of the left side of the Earth" liberal senator from California. Defends the rights of mass murderers to live while campaigning for legalized baby-killing.

Arrogant fatass psycholiberal immediately come to mind.

Often has sex with Nancy Pelosi.

Attention Whore.

sailer

Splendid
As a resident of Nevada, we welcome businesses that move here from California, offering them low taxes, cheap land on which to build, a far lower general cost of living for their employees, and freedom from the mass of laws and restrictions that they had to deal with in California. Speaking as a former resident of California, I can say that my basic living expenses dropped by more than half when I came to Nevada. I do miss the ocean, but I can go down for a weekend every now and then and get some sailing in, so its not so bad.

Yea, but shes got Hillary beat
224ci.jpg

Diane Fartstein

Liberal CA Senator who often has orgies with comrades Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi. She is usually on top of kennedy's dead body.

A disgrace as a politician and an even bigger disgrace as a human being.

Got a wild hair lately to raise your taxes. Wonder what equally ignorant American's poor judgement and lack of rectitude planted that idea in her enormous asp? I said asp. In keeping with her snake image.

A horror of a wimmen.

+1. Obama may drill there. Hide your children and lock up your wife. Bar up the back door and run for your life. Cause He's TNT.

Obama had another huge tax increase in mind while getting money out west in Calu for his next prez run.
He showed up at Pelosi's house unannounced, where he was greeted by a Mexican Maid, and was surprised to catch MZ Pelosi without makeup
pelosi_joker.jpg

Whereupon, he started up again
obama_barack.jpg

But, of course, since this is a major almost sin (being a devout Dem), his handlers were soon sent out to dispell such rumors
infoxj.jpg

So, in the words of Snake Pliskin
I shut down the third world, you win they lose. I shut down America, they win, you lose. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Snake.jpg

sailer

Splendid

I've been to China, and I prefer it to California in many ways. Good food, everything's fairly cheap, friendly people, and lots of things to see. Think I'll go back some time.

When I post and you see me add this X3 ^ - X3 means three times prision sentence (loser). ^ means 'better than you'. If I add the number 4 it means 'I ran out of paint and went 4 some'.

4. I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.