Need Windows 7 Driver for Dell Dimension 5100

I decided to install Windows 7 on to my kids Dell Dimension 5100 which had been xp base, as they tend to pick up a lot of adware-malware in the kiddie sites they go to. Window 7 has better security features that I want to help deal with these problems.

Unfortunately, once I reformated the drive and install Window 7 there is no longer any sound from the computer. As I search the Dell website, it turns out they didn't have device drivers listed for Window 7 for the 5100 devices.

At this point, I don't know what to do; do I have to revert back to xp which means I picked up window 7 for nothing...

Everything else seem to be working okay, so do I have to pick up a new sound card?...or would the device company provide a win 7 driver in time?

Help!!

Gerald
5 answers Last reply
More about need windows driver dell dimension 5100
  1. Hi :)

External USB SOUND CARD....works in 7 and is tiny and around £10...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Which version of the o/s did you install, 32-bit or 64-bit? You can try intalling the Vista driver if there is one on thier website.
  3. Thank you all for the suggestions.

I pulled a vista 64bit driver from the soundcard site and it did the trick. Probably not the right driver still,
    but I got sound for my games. Not sure if it is perfect for musical playback though

Good enough for now; thanks everyone!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Dell Dimension