PC constantly shows loading icon

ehyde1029

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I built my first gaming PC about a month ago and had a few minor hiccups within the first week but they were all worked out. Yesterday I started noticing the loading icon next to my mouse cursor (the little blue circle) is randomly showing up for 1 or 2 seconds. If I open a program it pops up which is normal but after everything loads I still get the icon every few seconds and even while scrolling a web page. Load times also seem to be a little slower. Could this be a HDD problem or CPU.

Solution
You should look at the cpu usage under the processes tab not the performance tab. That will tell you what is using the cpu in the background. The other thing you can try is turning off the Norton and see if you have the same issue. I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting your mouse was lagging, I was just making sure that the symbol you were getting was the arrow and circle together and not just the circle itself.

suteck

Distinguished
If it's your mouse AND the circle it means something in the background is busy/using resources. What anti-virus/spyware are you using? Lots of times that is the culprit. If not that you should ctrl/alt/del and start task manager, make it long and thin and put it to the side. Nest time it happens take a quick look at it and see what spikes on the cpu usage and that should give you the culprit. Might take a few tries before you are fast enough to catch it.

suteck

Distinguished
You should look at the cpu usage under the processes tab not the performance tab. That will tell you what is using the cpu in the background. The other thing you can try is turning off the Norton and see if you have the same issue. I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting your mouse was lagging, I was just making sure that the symbol you were getting was the arrow and circle together and not just the circle itself.

Solution

ehyde1029

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Yeah the arrow and the blue circle. The HDD usage graph looks like a heartbeat monitor. It will go to 100% then down to 20% and back up for about 1 or 2 min after opening something then it stables out at 20% untill I do something again

ehyde1029

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Sorry I haven't got back to you. The problem just seemed to stop one day and has been fine for a few weeks. Now that this is gone of course another problem took it's place. Thanks for all the help though