Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GPU Compatabillity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 14, 2013 8:59:43 PM

Hey guys just bought a new gaming PC with an "ATI HD6450 1GB" graphics card. i was wondering if my gigabyte "78lmt-usb3" would be compatible with buying a "Sapphire Radeon HD7750" graphics card. If not could someone recommend me one? Thanks!
Btw 450w PSU

More about : gpu compatabillity

January 14, 2013 9:43:07 PM

Yes, you can run 7750 on that motherboard but what is your CPU? That might bottleneck your graphics card, because it looks like you bought a pretty low-end gaming PC.
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 10:10:37 PM

What brand of 450w PSU. Those kind of gaming PCs are not known to have alot of overhead in their builds. The 7750 draws 50-80w more than the 6450. I would be surprised if they gave you a beefy enough powersupply to run it.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 14, 2013 10:31:31 PM

450W power supply should be enough to run a single 7750 ;) 
jnkweaver said:
What brand of 450w PSU. Those kind of gaming PCs are not known to have alot of overhead in their builds. The 7750 draws 50-80w more than the 6450. I would be surprised if they gave you a beefy enough powersupply to run it.

a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 10:52:07 PM

yes if it really puts out 450W. But if it is a FSP or Sprinkle power supply then you will be lucky to get 300W out of them That is why I ask what brand power supply.
January 14, 2013 11:54:14 PM


ok
jnkweaver said:
yes if it really puts out 450W. But if it is a FSP or Sprinkle power supply then you will be lucky to get 300W out of them That is why I ask what brand power supply.

a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2013 12:03:13 AM

The HD 7750 can run on ANY power supply.
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2013 12:15:29 AM

No that is not true either. The 7750 gets its power from the motherboard which is supplied by the power supply. Just because it has no external power connectors does not mean that it doesn't need power. There are plenty of crap power supplies out there that would be lucky to power a flashlight.
January 15, 2013 5:19:54 AM

AMD Athlon 270 3.0GHz and ACE PSU ATX12v P4
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2013 10:22:30 PM

Not your model but it is your manufacturer. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ace-Power-Supply-Banned-...

Not the best power supply. The answer to your original question is yes the 7750 can be used in your system. If it fails to work though it is probably your power suppy's fault. I would really look into getting a quality supply from a good manufacturer (Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec). You can get them for as low as $30 if you look for the deals.

January 18, 2013 8:10:41 AM

@jnkweaver could you link me to a good psu that is compatable with my setup thanks! :) 
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 10:52:40 AM

Please do not buy a new PSU unless you're getting a more powerful card than the HD 7750.
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 8:59:18 PM

itempotvlee said:
@jnkweaver could you link me to a good psu that is compatable with my setup thanks! :) 



The Corsair that asalikus quoted was fine but here is a 600W for $10 less after the rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The rebate is good thru 1/21

600W is more than you would need but Corsair is a good name and $40 for a top name Bronze power supply is a good deal.
January 19, 2013 1:48:32 PM

It doesn't matter if Corsair is Bronze they're the best at this!
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2013 6:49:02 PM

Actually Seasonic is better at this since they make alot of the Corsair's power supplies. Corsair does not make any of their power supplies. This particular one is made by Channel Well (at least back in May 2011 it was). I wish Tom's would do an update on this article.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-ma...
January 19, 2013 8:54:35 PM

Then they are the same :D 

jnkweaver said:
Actually Seasonic is better at this since they make alot of the Corsair's power supplies. Corsair does not make any of their power supplies. This particular one is made by Channel Well (at least back in May 2011 it was). I wish Tom's would do an update on this article.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-ma...

!