Sign in with
Your question

Please give me some advise if I should upgrade my graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2013 9:23:00 PM

I built my computer 1 years ago with a i5-2500k and a gtx 560ti. I'm very temped to get a PNY gtx 670 for $300. Here is the link http://slickdeals.net/f/5795190-PNY-VCGGTX670XPB-GeForc...
the deal is still live. I don't know if I should upgrade it now or keep waiting another 6 months for the price to go down. I do gaming mainly in the summer time but I am very enthusiastic about upgrading and getting more power for my system .I am new to building rig, any advise would be appreciated. Thank you so much
P/s sorry for my English. not my first language.
January 14, 2013 9:24:18 PM

It's a nice deal, but I would stay with the 560 ti. Still a very capable card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 9:36:12 PM

Certainly wait until the new cards start coming out Spring-Summer 2013 and then prices on all older cards will start to drop.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 9:41:32 PM

jnkweaver said:
Certainly wait until the new cards start coming out Spring-Summer 2013 and then prices on all older cards will start to drop.

Exactly, imo the 560t ti will be good enough till around that time, then he can upgrade to to something like a 7870 which is supposed to have 670 like performance.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 9:41:51 PM

kkid1412 said:
I built my computer 1 years ago with a i5-2500k and a gtx 560ti. I'm very temped to get a PNY gtx 670 for $300. Here is the link http://slickdeals.net/f/5795190-PNY-VCGGTX670XPB-GeForc...
the deal is still live. I don't know if I should upgrade it now or keep waiting another 6 months for the price to go down. I do gaming mainly in the summer time but I am very enthusiastic about upgrading and getting more power for my system .I am new to building rig, any advise would be appreciated. Thank you so much
P/s sorry for my English. not my first language.

Do you want the two games it comes with? If so, I say get it! If not this is a cheaper option with the same strength:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

However if all of your games look great still, wait!
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:54:05 PM

Thank ya all for talking me out of it. I almost click "Order" lol. I will wait then. It would be nice if it goes down to $250 ish.
@CaptainTom: no I only want to sell them on ebay to get some cash back, is it easy to sell game code on ebay? Thank you :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2013 3:41:58 PM

kkid1412 said:
Thank ya all for talking me out of it. I almost click "Order" lol. I will wait then. It would be nice if it goes down to $250 ish.
@CaptainTom: no I only want to sell them on ebay to get some cash back, is it easy to sell game code on ebay? Thank you :) 

I have never sold a game on ebay but I assume it wouldn't be too hard as long as you sell them for at least half price. But at that point I don't think you are saving enough money to get it.

Again, I think a 7950 is a wiser choice because it is the same strength and quite cheaper. I have (In person) seen multiple 7950 Boost additions overclock to a bit stronger than a 7970 GHz. That is insane price/performance and the same level or higher than what a 670 overclocks to.

In fact my brother upgraded from a 560 Ti to a 7950 this past December since his 560 Ti was memory bottle-necked in most games. He is incredibly happy. But that was when you got 3 FREE games with it and he was gonna buy Far Cry 3 anyways. He actually saved money after selling his old card.

Thus at this point I say again that if you are happy enough with your performance, wait 1 month for the 8970 to come out to drive prices down and give us some more juicy benchmarks!
m
l
!