record a VoIP wav

Last response: in Home Audio
May 17, 2004 8:53:47 PM

Hi all
Does anyone know how to shorten the speaker/headphones output and the
microphne input in the computer (sound card) ?
I am trying to record a VoIP speech from VoIP SW (such as MSN messanger).
what i have succeded is to hear the sound in the speakers and simultanisly
record it with the windows sound recorder(with the air medium between).
my question is whether there is a way to shorten the speaker output and the
microphone input and then record directly without the air medium?
Is there away to define the line in and connect the headphone output to this
connection?
does anyone has an alternative way ?
Thanks, Oded

More about : record voip wav

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 8:53:48 PM

"oasulin" wrote...
> I am trying to record a VoIP speech from VoIP SW.....
> Is there away to define the line in and connect the headphone output to
this
> connection?
> does anyone has an alternative way ?

You didn't mention what sound card/subsystem you are using.
Many newer ones allow you to "record what you hear" directly
internally without any speakers, microphones, or external cables.
Conduct a thorough investigation of all the setup/option windows
that control your sound card.

Alternatively, you can use sofware that allows this on ANY card
such as "Total Recorder" from http://www.highcriteria.com/
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 7:27:48 PM

Try calling 01932 773852 and asking them for the software only part of
http://www.telephonerecorder.co.uk/recording/software/9... or
http://www.retellrecorders.co.uk/recording/pc/957pro.ht...

(The product that they are trying to sell is for recording phone calls, so
it has
a connector to join to the phone, but you obviously don't need that bit.)
I have used the software for recording streaming audio, and it works very
well, so I don't see why it shouldn't work for VoIP as well. They have a
free download on the retellrecorders.co.uk site. The 957pro one will stop
automatically at the end of the call.
Ruth

!